Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Clearing JFK

Options
  • 04-07-2014 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭

I'm heading over to NY in August. The trip is a present for the wifes birthday so I want it to be special. I'm planning on having a towncar collect us at JFK. Question is. How much time should I allow to get through the airport. Flight is due to land at 13:20 on a Monday. What would be a reasonable time to expect to be kerbside?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 543 ✭✭✭yew_tree

Assuming you clear US immigration in Dublin then 15-20mins.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,569 ✭✭✭✭ProudDUB

I think that 15-20 minutes is a tad optimistic, especially if you are waiting for bags.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭iusedtoknow

I'd go with 30 minutes - however most town car services have a pool of cars at the airports, so they don't mind waiting 10-15 minutes outside of the window you provided

just remember to tip :D

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Pierced Off

Thanks for that. I've chauffeured in the past and I used to hate hanging around in the airport. I didn't want to start off her special trip by peeing off the driver.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

Most car companies will monitor flight arrivals so they will be aware if your flight is delayed. I would allow 30 mins + - by the time you deplane, get to baggage claim etc. this assuming you are on EI105.

Get the driver's cell number and text/call him when you arrive.

• Advertisement
Advertisement