Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website Post Sharing to Social Media

Options
  • 04-07-2014 12:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭

(Mods, I put this thread here as I think its more suitable to development than blogs & wiki's)

Has anyone come across this problem? Posts on my site are being shared by the social media buttons under each post (Jetpack) When you share to Facebook (Publicise in jetpack) and when someone shared from the post share button, it used to come up on the persons timeline as gibberish, though Facebook have since seemed to have rectified the problem.

Today I've noticed one of my posts have been shared through twitter and it is now happening on that. The person that shared the post, I think has their twitter linked to their facebook account and the link is coming up there as gibberish. It looks bad, like spam, screenshot below. It should be showing the meta description of the post?

[IMG][/img]websitesharing_zps8f027434.jpg

I've done a search for known conflicts with plugins but cannot find anything, the pagebuilder plugin being a usual suspect!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

What tool is your website built in? Do you have the OG tabs installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

What tool is your website built in? Do you have the OG tabs installed?

Its built on wordpress. OG tabs? Not sure what those are. I'm thinking its a problem on facebooks end. Wondering if anyone else has the same problem?

• Registered Users Posts: 25,965 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

Sorry, I meant OG tags (as in Open Graph) - thee are what FB uses to know where to find the description etc.

'Fraid I cannot help beyond that, as I'm not familiar enough with Wordpress.

But if I was googling for help, I'd be looking for know issues with jetpack as well as with Facebook.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,465 ✭✭✭mayo.mick

Sorry, I meant OG tags (as in Open Graph) - thee are what FB uses to know where to find the description etc.

'Fraid I cannot help beyond that, as I'm not familiar enough with Wordpress.

But if I was googling for help, I'd be looking for know issues with jetpack as well as with Facebook.

Thanks Mrs OBumble, I narrowed it down to the open graph tags. I had yoast SEO plugin installed but hadn't the open graph tags ticked on it. Have done so now and will need to test again. Thanks again for your help.

Advertisement