Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New in town

Options
  • 04-07-2014 12:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭

So I'm from out west of the county near the border with Cork but I got a job in/just outside the city and have moved up.

I'm not hugely anti-social or anything but I'm not really sure how to go about meeting new people outside of work. I'm 24 and I suppose I'm a pretty typical nerd. I play a lot of computer game and some board games and I'm just after trying to start a Tau army for 40k. I read mostly fantasy and sci fi books. Don't watch much TV any more other than a few specific shows

So is there any clubs or groups to go to to meet people or any other general recommendations for meeting some people in the city?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭The Bowling Alley

South easy maker space would be a good start. Check them out on Facebook. One of the lads posts here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭Flyin Irishman

Do you play games on console or PC? Do you play any sports?

• Registered Users Posts: 473 ✭✭ríomhaire

Do you play games on console or PC? Do you play any sports?
    Usually PC. The only console I have right now is a Wii. I will probably pick up another in the future though. I don't play games online much except occasionally Team Fortress 2. I LAN strategy games (C&C, CoH, AoEII) with my friends sometimes. Never really been much of a sporting man and I don't think I'd be able to give a team the commitment (both time and energy) that'd be needed to be a valuable player at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

The Maker Space maybe up your alley if you interested. We have a maker Night every Tuesday https://wiki.southeastmakerspace.org/doku.php PM me if you are interested and want to come along

• Registered Users Posts: 2,070 ✭✭✭Finnbar01

Swinng wrote: »
    The Maker Space maybe up your alley if you interested. We have a maker Night every Tuesday https://wiki.southeastmakerspace.org/doku.php PM me if you are interested and want to come along

When I click on that link I get the following message:
    The site's security certificate is not trusted!
    You attempted to reach wiki.southeastmakerspace.org, but the server presented a certificate issued by an entity that is not trusted by your computer's operating system. This may mean that the server has generated its own security credentials, which Chrome cannot rely on for identity information, or an attacker may be trying to intercept your communications.
    You should not proceed, especially if you have never seen this warning before for this site.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 105 ✭✭Swinng

We have a self signed cert at the moment. If you accept the cert it will work

Advertisement