Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New laptop doesn't start

Options
  • 04-07-2014 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭

Three months ago I bought a brandnew Laptop (Asus) with Windows 8.1 and worked away without a problem.

Last night my AV-program (avast) told me that something's wrong in my boot-up and that the malware (whatever it was) has been stopped. And if I want to get my whole boot-up checked.

Sure I wanted it. So avast checked the computer asked afterwards what to do, I clicked "repair automatically" or something in that regard and the laptop restarted.

I worked away, everything was fine, at night I switched the thing off and this morning when I pressed the start button - nothing. Not one beep, dark screen, nada.

I tried several times, but still nothing.

Has anyone an idea what happened or if there is a trick to start the bloody laptop?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 JudeKR

Press and hold the power button for like 10 seconds. Leave it then try turning it on again. Oh have the laptop unplugged from mains too.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,024 ✭✭✭Carry

Feel kissed and hugged! :):):)

It worked!

Thanks so much!!!!

Back to my laptop!

No problem, glad it helped :D

Feel the hugs.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,621 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mr. G

Virtual-Hug.gif

hahaha! Thanks Mr.G