Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Anyone else's bump explode in the last while? Mine feels like it's doubled in size in the last week and is very definitely a bump now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

been tryin to reply for days., app wouldn't let me!! I have definitely exploded and i've stopped weighing myself because they dont seem to be worrying about it at my appointments so i'm not going to!

in the last 2days I've been feeling pretty fed up with pregnancy kauto, tired, achey and very emotional, just keep crying for no other reason than feeling I need to cry!!

on a positive note my partner has been able to feel the kicks for the last 10days or so and today he was shocked by the force of one he felt., think this is making it feel more real for him!!
    hope everyone else doing ok!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

deedless wrote: »
    Anyone else's bump explode in the last while? Mine feels like it's doubled in size in the last week and is very definitely a bump now.

Snap, add heart burn and bad sleeping into the equation. I def feel the baby is deciding my sleep pattern already :-( I think I've Monday blues to add to it all. (any good natural remedies for heartburn? I don't fancy drinking gallons of gaviscon over the next 4 months!)

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

24 weeks, constantly wrecked tired :( (and then the husband is complaining that he's tired after minding the LO for half a day, hah. welcome to my world!)
    My bump is getting big, I'm afraid I'll be massive by the end (again)... *sigh*
    Also, selling my travel system if anyone of you ladies is interested, PM me - it's the entire package, pram, carrycot, car seat, car seat base, adapters, footmuff. Mamas+Papas Zoom. because a single buggy won't do us now :p

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Another tired lady here :(

Totally different ball game when there are other children to be looked after. I can't be selfish anymore and take myself to bed on a whim. Note to all first timers in this thread TAKE ADVANTAGE OF THAT NOW! ;)

Also having trouble sleeping, not getting to sleep and sleep is restful but keep waking up a few times a night, uncomfortable, hips sore, thirsty, too hot, need bathroom ARRGGGHHHH! :)

It's all good though :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Ditto on the bad sleeping. Hips and lower back were getting uncomfortable, so I got one of the special pillow things that goes under the bump, between the knees and behind your back. It's not fun trying to climb in and out of it in the middle of the night for toilet trips, but I think it's helping the back aches a little bit. Although still just waking up a lot in general :(

Little bit of heartburn creeping in now too, although the odd Rennie is keeping it under control for the moment.

Also getting a bit emotional and had a total meltdown over a lasagne episode last week which was totally ridiculous :confused:

Try adding buying a new house into the equation! I'm lucky to get sleep this week with all the drama.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Got a stomach bug. Great, just what I needed. :(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭spottybananas

yamiki wrote: »
    Got a stomach bug. Great, just what I needed. :(

Yup, I've had two, it's pretty much hell on earth isn't it? I never get stomach bugs and have had 2 in 2 months, I knew my immune system would take a hit but this is ridiculous.

Hope you feel better soon, I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Has anyone had a glucose test yet? Did you have to fast?

I was told to eat my breakfast before going in and just avoid anything sugary like fruit or juice. But just read on another forum that you should be fasting from the night before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

just going to copy and paste what I had on another forum :)

I done mine last week with my GP's nurse rather than doing it in hospital, I was told to fast from 12 the night before but ended up going from 10pm as I didn't have any food or tea! Was allowed water thank god! My blood test was at 9am and then had to drink that horrid glucose could barely stomach the stuff was about the size of a YOP bottle! went off then for an hour an returned feeling quiet ill, took my 2nd bloods and went and sat in the car for an hour as I couldn't find the energy to go anywhere to pass time. Done the 3rd and final set at 11am and was never as relieved to run to the closest shop for a roll and drink!!

Was pretty horrible experience for me I have to say and felt ill the rest of the day so make sure you bring someone with you in case you don't feel well after!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Has anyone had a glucose test yet? Did you have to fast?

I was told to eat my breakfast before going in and just avoid anything sugary like fruit or juice. But just read on another forum that you should be fasting from the night before.

Do what your hospital tells you as they all have different rules for the GTT. I'm with the Rotunda and it's pretty much nil by mouth from 8pm the night before but other hospitals allow you water, breakfast etc.

Could see my belly moving with the kicks this evening. Very weird to see! Absolutely wrecked though. I got up after a nap today and realised I'd spent 18 of the previous 24 hours in bed.

Was out last night for a friends birthday and am shattered now today! kinda scared at how tired I will be once I hit the 8 month mark! also baby has started to really pack a punch! especially at night time when I'm trying to sleep :o

24+4 Just wondering if these symptoms are normal, has anyone had random leaky boob moments as i've noticed it once or twice at night just a wet stain in my top & my left ear keeps popping like i've water in it but I don't. Its very annoying.

E_M_K wrote: »
    24+4 Just wondering if these symptoms are normal, has anyone had random leaky boob moments as i've noticed it once or twice at night just a wet stain in my top & my left ear keeps popping like i've water in it but I don't. Its very annoying.

Yes leaky boobs here! First time pregnant so I started crying because my body is changing so much :o

I was a bit shocked to have it this early & when I asked a few mates they were saying they never had that issue so I was wondering. (also my first pregnancy) Only getting used to dressing myself now and not changing my mind a hundred times, lol,It really is a unique shape.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Time is flying along! Hard to believe we have only 3 months left!

was just about to post the same Kauto, in to the last trimester now, wahoo!
    is it bad that i'm starting to count down the weeks to maternity leave starting!

ainy wrote: »
    was just about to post the same Kauto, in to the last trimester now, wahoo!
    is it bad that i'm starting to count down the weeks to maternity leave starting!

Nope, I'm the same! :-) Can't wait to finish up! So excited now to meet our little baby. It's mad to think next Christmas we will have a 9 month old!

• Advertisement

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Nope, I'm the same! :-) Can't wait to finish up! So excited now to meet our little baby. It's mad to think next Christmas we will have a 9 month old!

wow that just gave me a reality check!! better enjoy my nice tree this year, probably wont be able to decorate the bottom half of it next year!!

feeling huge right now and everyone I meet thinks i'm massive for 27wks, dunno what size i'm goin to be by the end!

I've a headcold, wondering can you take paracetamol? I've been using lemons/oranges & spoons of honey so far. Its amazing how fast the time is going, 10 working weeks left after Christmas, yeaaahhhh!!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Paracetamol is fine :)

E_M_K wrote:
    I've a headcold, wondering can you take paracetamol? I've been using lemons/oranges & spoons of honey so far. Its amazing how fast the time is going, 10 working weeks left after Christmas, yeaaahhhh!!!!

paracetamol is absolutely fine, nearly the only thing we can take!
    glad to see i'm not the only one counting down!

cool - thanks ladies. I'm excited & also scared that its come around so fast! I still have a very tidy bump as its my first too, still not really in maternity clothes bar jeans. I've my classes booked for the end of Jan so that will wake me up to reality of it all i'm sure. I hope to take the rest of 2015 off on maternity leave if I can afford it.

our classes are start of feb, cant wait for them cause i'm starting to feel a bit clueless about it all!!
    I have the same plan, should be back to work 4th of Jan 2016! got a bit excited when filling in the forms for it, couldnt believe I was writing 2016!!

wow its my first too and I am huge! definitely in maternity tops, although some jumpers I just bought in a bigger size and there still fitting, just about!! bought 2 work uniforms in 2sizes up and i'm starting to doubt if they'l last til the end!

Yep, paracetamol by itself is ok. Read the ingredients though as anti inflammatories and decongestants are contra indicated and you should probably stay away from caffeine too.

hello 3rd trimester!! :D how is everyone keeping? this lil guy is flat out these past few days kicking and moving feels great and seeing my boyfriends face when he feels it is the best feeling :)

hello 3rd trimester!! :D how is everyone keeping? this lil guy is flat out these past few days kicking and moving feels great and seeing my boyfriends face when he feels it is the best feeling :)

I am doing well other than having an awful cough the last 2 weeks which the doctor will give me nothing for, being pregnant. Other than that, feeling good! The sickness has finally gone and my little girl is also dancing away in there these days :-)

• Advertisement

I am doing well other than having an awful cough the last 2 weeks which the doctor will give me nothing for, being pregnant. Other than that, feeling good! The sickness has finally gone and my little girl is also dancing away in there these days :-)

Advertisement