Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

hello 3rd trimester!!  how is everyone keeping? this lil guy is flat out these past few days kicking and moving feels great and seeing my boyfriends face when he feels it is the best feeling 

awe I know the feeling, seeing his face when he feels or even sees the kicks is just brilliant! he's so excited now, I love it!!
    been feeling good really, odd days of slight weakness but everything seems fine! glad to be back to midwives on Friday for 28wk check, feels like a long time since I was there!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    I am doing well other than having an awful cough the last 2 weeks which the doctor will give me nothing for, being pregnant. Other than that, feeling good! The sickness has finally gone and my little girl is also dancing away in there these days :-)

Was at the hospital yesterday morning for a check up and everything going good had a little bit of a sniffle (usual for me every morning) and felt like death by last night not sure if my hospital trip had me pick something up :/ feeling slightly better today though chilled out most the day!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Roll on the last few weeks in work! Can't wait to finish up, totally sick of the place. On a happy note, traveling to see my sister for Christmas! Flying with toddler plus bump, oh God. Oh and hubby thankfully :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

yamiki wrote: »
    Roll on the last few weeks in work! Can't wait to finish up, totally sick of the place. On a happy note, traveling to see my sister for Christmas! Flying with toddler plus bump, oh God. Oh and hubby thankfully :)

I can't wait to finish up work too. And going on holidays myself with my partner in Jan-a week in Lanzarote-a bit of quality time together before the baby comes. I can't wait!

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

My husband mentioned a winter sun break, where's good? It can double as a baby-moon get the bump & bikini's out ! ;-)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Just back from hospital check up. All going swimmingly. Baba is very active in there. Roll on Christmas and the January sales.

I had a 3D scan today. It was amazing! I love my little girl so much already!

just back from 28wk check, all good, baby's heartbeat flying along! head down at min but midwife said not to worry about that yet, baby will move positions loads more before they decide their position!! measuring exactly to dates too so all positive!

kauto we had a 3d scan at the anomaly scan at 22wks and got great pictures, so clear! its amazing really! next scan at 32weeks cant wait!

I've a 3d scan booked for the end of the month. I'm bringing my mum to that one as she's never seen a scan. Really looking forward to it.

deedless wrote:
    I've a 3d scan booked for the end of the month. I'm bringing my mum to that one as she's never seen a scan. Really looking forward to it.

awe thats really exciting for your mum! mine was amazed at the photos anyway, its mad to think that they never had scans at all when they were having us!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

I wish I'd asked for extra days off for Christmas, working until Wed :-( Starting to get very tired lately.

I know the feeling. To be fair I'm finishing tomorrow evening. I just keep telling myself I'll need the time more in February/March.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Merry Christmas ladies!
    I don't know about ye but I'm knackered. Plus heartburn that's so bad it's making me vomit! Ffs.

merry Christmas everyone! heartburn a killer here too and any time I bend over to pick something up I feel like all my stomach contents are going to fall out! plus I make noises which would be fitting for a 90year old tryin to bend down! so elegant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 70 ✭✭user2012

Haven't been on in ages.

How's everyone feeling? I hope christmas treated everyone well :)

Sick as a dog here, can't keep food down, dose of the runs, crippling acid reflux & heartburn :( I'm hoping it's a bad cold or a flu & not what I'll be facing for the rest of the pregnancy. Finding it increasingly difficult to sleep these days too, between back pain & heartburn I can't manage more than two or three hours in one go so to say I'm exhausted is an understatement!

Think I might pay the doctor a visit on Monday if things haven't improved. Don't think I'm bad enough to go see one yet & my biggest fear is if I do go in he will send me onto hospital as a precaution. Nothing a few days lounging on the couch won't cure I think.

I hear you on the sleep and heartburn the last few days, spent Christmas night in his mams house and forgot to bring my gaviscon with me, awful night! from now on, its going where I go!

I get 2-3 hour stints of sleep just cause of needing to pee and also trying to turn in the bed causes pain in my right hip, himself got me a gym ball for Christmas which actually is helping, last nite I had no pain on turning and I was after being sitting on the ball for an hour or so before bed!
    would definitely recommend the ball, I had been having trouble gettin comfortable sitting in the evenings and the ball is so comfy and also apparently helps to get baby into a good position too!

hopefully you'l be feeling a bit better today user and its just a short bug!

My sleep is seriously disturbed, i constantly wake up on my back and have to roll to my side! Was diagnosed with sciatica (think that's right) the last day by my gp who has referred me to physio and been finding myself getting very anxious and finding it hard to breathe which causes me to get all flustered!

babypebble do you use pillows behind you? I have a maternity pillow that goes under bump and between my legs and a small part at the back, I Have to put a normal pillow behind me at the back too and that keeps me from goin on to my back, I find if I do lie on my back, my hip pain is worse so the pillows go someway to helping this!

Ainy, I use 2 pillows under my head one under my bump and have another thrown on the bed for good measure! What type of maternity pillow do you have?

its a dream genii pillow, borrowed it from my sister, not sure where you buy them! I find that cause it goes in between my legs/knees it helps wit the pain, maybe if you had a thin pillow that you could put between your legs it mite help with the pain,(keep your hips in line and so not cause pressure on your back!)

i'v been calling my pain sciatica, have been having it since about 14weeks, when I say it at appointments they seem to agree with me, haven't gone for physio cause it only happens at night when i'm lying down and the pillows helped and now my gym ball seems to be helping! only 11 more weeks and hopefully it will go back to normal then!!

• Advertisement

I have a pillow going from under my bump down between my knees. The pain I get is when I stand up after sitting for awhile, pains shoot up my legs for like 10seconds then it's gone but other days if I have been on my feet all day walking the pain will circulate in one ankle! She referred physio because she said they will teach me stretches for when it gets worse!

well definitely sounds like you need physio input anyway, cant imagine having the pain i get all the time, happens very rarely when i stand up after sitting for a while just like you but it goes pretty much immediately!

cant suggest anything different for helping the pain at night, sounds like your doing it all already! so physio your best bet! hopefully you dont have to wait too long for it.!

Severe rib pain last few days, very sore and uncomfortable with it, and when I cough or sneeze the pain is unreal :-(

happy new year to all the march mums to be! wahoo girls we're slowly but surely getting there!!

I was counting aloud last night, so there are four and a half weeks in January, four weeks in February and oh good god! It felt a lot closer that way than just saying x weeks if that makes sense?

Bought a cot, crib type thing, am close to making a decision on the buggy and oodles of clothes. I've hung the clothes up in what will be bumps room and every so often catch a glimpse of them and feel my heart catch a bit. They're so little!

Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone is well! I am going on holidays in 2 weeks time to Lanzarote for a bit of quality time with my partner as a couple before we become a family and all changes! Wondering whether I would get away with a normal seat or should pay the extra €15 for a "extra leg room" seat. Will be 32 weeks at the time, 33 coming back...

kauto I cant help on the seating situation, i decided not to fly after 28weeks, I just thought it would be too much hassle for me!!

I seem to have expanded in the last week and it wasnt due to Christmas! had to buy some new clothes today and I highly recommend the maternity tracksuit bottoms in new look, they are so comfy!! got our first baby vests and babygros today, going to pick up a few bits as I go along for the hospital bags! into the last 10weeks now.!

oh hello insomnia! slept for an hour so far now wide awake, had to come back up to the living room was keeping himself awake with my turning! 13.5hr work shift in the morning should be interesting...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 98 ✭✭amklo

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Happy New Year to all! Hope everyone is well! I am going on holidays in 2 weeks time to Lanzarote for a bit of quality time with my partner as a couple before we become a family and all changes! Wondering whether I would get away with a normal seat or should pay the extra €15 for a "extra leg room" seat. Will be 32 weeks at the time, 33 coming back...

Hi,
    I wouldn't book the emergency exit row at that stage, they may make you move if you're pregnant (and you'll be well obvious at that stage!). It's because by sitting in the emergency exit row you're technically agreeing to open the door and help people etc so if you're unfit to do that they can move you. Prebook your seat and get yourself in the aisle, you'll have the comfort of being able to get up to the toilets without disturbing people and can stretch your legs out into the aisle if you need to. (watch out for the trolley!)

• Advertisement

Fit to kill someone today only because of the lack of sleep for past few days! I am absolutely wrecked once it hits 10 o clock but cannot for life me get comfortable and fall asleep til well after 3 and even then don't feel fully asleep, awake then again before 10 most mornings.
    Time is slowly ticking for me as I wasn't working, was in college so not back for this semester meaning no routine and wandering around the house bored :(

Advertisement