Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

sounds like your getting well organised emk, we got the same buggy! just back from my consultants appointment, baby still measuring big so have to have glucose test on Thursday! dont think we will get back to the mlu because baby is big but i just want best for baby so i'll go with what they say! just hoping I dont have gestational diabetes, i'm not good on diets!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Getting so uncomfortable now. I can't imagine what I'll be like in another 7 weeks :-(

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Hope the GTT went well for you Ainy. I'll you get the results tomorrow or Monday?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ainy which hospital are you attending? I have to get the glucose test done soon in the Coombe

How did you get on ainy? Have you to stay with the CLU? :-(

• Advertisement

hey girls sorry bit of a mad day, firstly woke at 2 this mornin with shakes and shivers, had a temperature but couldn't take anything because was fasting for the glucose test! it settled itself and I came to hospital for glucose test ( attending Cavan!), no midwives there, it was just the woman doing the blood tests (1test first, then drink 2bottles lucozade and then bloods every hour for 3 hours!), got through that and then went to gp in afternoon about temperature and it was up again, so was my pulse and bp, babies heart rate was up too so she sent me back to the hospital for monitoring, its kind of a flu I have but they've admitted me for observation for the night, if temperature goes up again they'l start antibiotics!

on a positive note the doctor this evening looked at my glucose results and said there grand so just having a big baby, because of that will have to stay with consultants care!
    its weird being the patient in hospital, i'm usually on the other side of things!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

it's going to be a long seven weeks yet... last time around was definitely more fun. 32 weeks with a 17 month old toddler + working full time is hard, just sayin'.
    Plus, reading this morning about investigations into the deaths of two babies in B'sloe, which isn't helping... guess where I'm having baby? Yeah. That said, they were fantastic with my first, so I'm sure they'll be just as good with #2. Still less crowded than Galway I guess. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

@Yamiki they did say that procedures have been changed so it won't happen again. We can only be positive :-) I'm having a tired bump day, its like my stomach muscles had decided to sleep while the rest of me has to carry on. Off to a gentle birth course this wknd, it's the start of my "its getting very real" feelings. I'm getting some intense flutter feelings very low down too today, does that mean the baby is still breech or would it be the hands punching me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Ainy hope you feel better soon!

Baby is lodged under my ribs again. ouch. Got a kick yesterday that actually made me say 'OW!' out loud. In the middle of a meeting in work, too. Ooops! :p

Those down-below flutter kicks do sound like little hands to me, E_M_K. Fingers crossed (s)he has turned for you! :)

• Advertisement

yamiki wrote: »
    Baby is lodged under my ribs again. ouch. Got a kick yesterday that actually made me say 'OW!' out loud. In the middle of a meeting in work, too. Ooops! :p

Those down-below flutter kicks do sound like little hands to me, E_M_K. Fingers crossed (s)he has turned for you! :)

My ribs are in bits too last couple of weeks and getting worse. Baby is definately lodged right up there.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭monkey8

Hi. Popping in from July 2015 thread!
    Anyone here with Mary Higgins in holles street? Can you tell me if she routinely does a scan on the monthly visits? Was with Michael Foley last time who scanned on every visit but I'm not sure if that's common practice.
    Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

anyone else feeling suffocated and breathless :( 6weeks 5 days and counting!!

anyone else feeling suffocated and breathless :( 6weeks 5 days and counting!!

Yep :-( So uncomfortable :-( I just got home from holidays today, my back and ribs are killing me!

and the cramps in my legs along with pains from the sciatic nerve are pushing me over the edge! sad thing is it will probably be closer to 8 weeks for me seeing as it's my first :(

still in the hospital! my temperature went up again yesterday so was started on antibiotics, finished 24hrs of them no more temps and feeling well, they changed me back to oral antibiotics from this mornin so hopefully will get home after blood results today!
    suppose it was a good trial run, gives me the necessary push to get my hospital bags ready!

haven't had baby kicking me in ribs yet, just lots of movement which leaves my belly looking lobsided a lot of the time!

when is everyone starting mat leave? i'm not suppose to start until 19th Feb but after this admission my partner seems keen for me to get signed off already, but I think its too early and will leave it too long for me, only 33 +1 today! decisions decisions!

ainy wrote: »
    still in the hospital! my temperature went up again yesterday so was started on antibiotics, finished 24hrs of them no more temps and feeling well, they changed me back to oral antibiotics from this mornin so hopefully will get home after blood results today!
    suppose it was a good trial run, gives me the necessary push to get my hospital bags ready!

haven't had baby kicking me in ribs yet, just lots of movement which leaves my belly looking lobsided a lot of the time!

when is everyone starting mat leave? i'm not suppose to start until 19th Feb but after this admission my partner seems keen for me to get signed off already, but I think its too early and will leave it too long for me, only 33 +1 today! decisions decisions!

Glad to hear you are doing better!

I start maternity leave 2 weeks before I'm due. Due the 13th March, last day at work will be the 28th Feb (can't wait!)

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Also two weeks before I'm due. Technically start 16 March, so in my head I'm due to finish Friday 13.

Just re q on Mary Higgins. I don't see her , Dr Donal OBrien, but I do get a quick scan every visit. When I signed up I got a short word doc covering fees, bloods, big scan confirming a little one every time. Check if you got one of those, and maybe ask the secretary?

wahoo i'm home!! on antibiotics for week.
    i'm due the 13th too but because I work shift work and had to take some annual leave before finishing my last day is suppose to be 18th Feb, so not really that far away, I've until Wednesday covered with a doctors cert, so think i'll go back to work thursday and just see how I go!

hope everyone else is well and having uneventful days!

Just wondering have ye been offered the whooping cough vaccine and if so have ye gotten it or will be getting it? Not too sure if I will or not just yet

• Advertisement

Just wondering have ye been offered the whooping cough vaccine and if so have ye gotten it or will be getting it? Not too sure if I will or not just yet

my plan had been to get it at my next gp appt but thats this week so will have to see if they'l do it when i've just been sick! its best to get it between 28-36 weeks, my brother had the whooping cough as a baby and mam said it was the worst ever so thats why I was going to get it!

ainy wrote: »
    my brother had the whooping cough as a baby and mam said it was the worst ever so thats why I was going to get it!
    My brother also had it as a baby due to his cousins being around him when they had it and never said anything at the time!
    Still debating it as I had problems as a child with MMR and only got flu vaccine for first time ever few months ago and only because im pregnant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I just booked my whooping cough vaccine today. Is it a new thing? I was never recommended to get it before on my previous pregnancies.
    I didn't get the flu vaccine as I am not prone to flu or chesty coughs etc.. even though I know the immune system is weaker during pregnancy.

But hearing about the whooping cough and reading the leaflet about how dangerous it is for newborns did scare me.

I think especially since my 4 year old son started playschool this year and he picks up every cold and tummy bug going, I am worried that he could pass it on to new baby.

So have it booked for Tuesday.

Is the whooping cough vaccine free with gp?

Kauto0709 wrote: »

It's medical card I have so will be free from my GP couldn't tell you otherwise?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

I think I read on the leaflet that the vaccine is free, you just have to pay for it to be administered.

I paid twenty for the flu vaccine. Got a check up on Wednesday, and I'll ask for the whooping cough one then.

Anyone else's breasts leaking colostrum?

Anyone else's breasts leaking colostrum?
    since before christmas :o

• Advertisement

since before christmas :o

Glad it's not just me!!

Advertisement