Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back a page or two to re-sync the thread and this will then show latest posts. Thanks, Mike.

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

yea I actually cried because that's when I realised how much my body was changing haha my boyfriend didn't know what to do with me :P well used to breast pads at this point now if you need any pointers :pac:

Anyone else feeling braxton hicks or am I imagining them?!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

haven't been feeling any Braxton hicks but once or twice my whole bump went hard, and the midwife was sayin it was Braxton hicks, couldn't feel it though, just noticed that the bump was hard!

had my gp check today, all good! couldn't get the whooping cough vaccine today, she said I should wait until i'm over my sickness so will probably need to go in specifically for it next week., she signed me off sick until saturday so not back to work until next tuesday, and then will only have 8 shifts left before I finish!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

ainy wrote: »
    haven't been feeling any Braxton hicks but once or twice my whole bump went hard, and the midwife was sayin it was Braxton hicks, couldn't feel it though, just noticed that the bump was hard!

had my gp check today, all good! couldn't get the whooping cough vaccine today, she said I should wait until i'm over my sickness so will probably need to go in specifically for it next week., she signed me off sick until saturday so not back to work until next tuesday, and then will only have 8 shifts left before I finish!!

Glad to hear you are on the mend!

I have noticed my tummy going hard on a few occasions and thought it was perhaps braxton hicks but I couldn't feel anything with it..

How is everyone doing with names? I can't seem to settle on one!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Anyone else's breasts leaking colostrum?

Yep! Thinking I might start expressing now. Should have at least a weeks worth if night feeds for the hubby by the time the little one arrives!! Ha ha... If only!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Have one of each!

My mother keeps putting me off the girl's name I have though even though I love it! :(

Have one of each!

My mother keeps putting me off the girl's name I have though even though I love it! :(

I had a girl's name I loved for ages but then kind of went off it myself....now I'm not so sure :-/

Kauto0709 wrote:

names are tough! we have a definite boys one after family but girls is another story! have a list of a few we like then theres others that I really like but he doesn't so think we're going to leave it as a list and see which one fits if little wriggler is a girl!
    off to buy the last few things for hospital bag, oh the excitement of maternity pads!!

Yep! Thinking I might start expressing now. Should have at least a weeks worth if night feeds for the hubby by the time the little one arrives!! Ha ha... If only!

that gave me a giggle! i'm not leaking yet anyway so wouldn't be able to stockpile!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

You guys are probably joking but just in case, pumping while still pregnant is not recommended as it can bring on contractions. Just FYI!

Dolbert wrote:
    You guys are probably joking but just in case, pumping while still pregnant is not recommended as it can bring on contractions. Just FYI!

thanks dolbert! I was joking tho! its hard enough for me to imagine doing it when baby is here, definitely wouldn't have contemplated it now!!

• Registered Users Posts: 97 ✭✭jeeney

Anyone else feeling braxton hicks or am I imagining them?!

Oh yeah, I've been feeling them since 26 weeks. I was getting them around my side for weeks (a new one for me) and now they are moving across my belly. Awkward when driving at times, but I'm used to having them on previous pregnancies.

Can't believe some are stocking up for the hospital bag. I haven't even thought of all that stuff yet...

jeeney wrote:
    Can't believe some are stocking up for the hospital bag. I haven't even thought of all that stuff yet...

I hadn't either, its only because I had a 2night stay in the hospital last week and it kind of gave me the shove on to get my bag ready!!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Not a clue on names. The list is about 20 each!

I've thought about the hospital bag, but thinking is as far as it's gotten.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Girls pack yer bags! You never know! :D

Had my 34 week apt with consultant today, technically 35 weeks this coming Saturday but measuring 36 weeks, have measured a week ahead in scans all way through.
    Baby is no longer breech thankfully and all looks good, back to see him again in 2 wks and he may do a sweep at that stage as at the moment looking at 9lb baby if I get to full term! :eek:

I agree with Sittingpretty get your stuff packed! I'm finishing my bag of tomorrow, heard from a friend someone she knew who was due week after me had the baby the last day!! nearly 9 weeks early i think

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Officially diagnosed with SPD here.... :( so sore.
    Really should start on my bags too!

Got the whooping cough vaccine today even though I have a medical card had to pay €50 to administer it wouldn't mind but wasn't informed til the needle was pretty much in my arm! Wasn't my usual gp either

• Registered Users Posts: 1,495 ✭✭✭bobskii

Got the whooping cough vaccine today even though I have a medical card had to pay €50 to administer it wouldn't mind but wasn't informed til the needle was pretty much in my arm! Wasn't my usual gp either

just popping in from the January thread . I got my whopping cough vaccine and didn't pay to have it administered,I also have a medical card . sounds a bit steep,you should mention it when you see your usual gp.

• Advertisement

yamiki wrote:
    Officially diagnosed with SPD here....  so sore. Really should start on my bags too!

Aw no yamiki, my sister had it from 8 weeks on her first and from 4 weeks on her second! it hadn't resolved between 1 and 2, she had epidural on 1st and I guess couldn't feel the pain in delivery and had her legs up in the stirrups.
    on the plus side it resolved immediately after delivery on her second, she delivered on her side for that and didn't need the epidural!

hope yours doesn't get too bad and your still able to move about,

Had my 34 week check-up today. Midwife was happy with everything....baby is right size and head down, my blood pressure is fine, no complications, all well :-) Back to GP in 2 weeks and midwife in 4

Getting loads of kicks in the ribs last few days, very uncomfortable :-( Anyone else?

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Getting loads of kicks in the ribs last few days, very uncomfortable :-( Anyone else?

I haven't been getting those kicks, whats happening me is every so often baby is putting extreme pressure into my groin, leaving me not able to move, happened today in work and I was stuck standing in the middle of the corridor because I couldn't walk! eventually it moves and i'm back to normal!
    glad to hear your appointment went well, feels like we're getting to the final run in now!
    we had our antenatal class yesterday, it was very informative and she answered a lot of questions we had!

hows everyone else doing?

I haven't been getting those kicks, whats happening me is every so often baby is putting extreme pressure into my groin, leaving me not able to move, happened today in work and I was stuck standing in the middle of the corridor because I couldn't walk! eventually it moves and i'm back to normal!
    glad to hear your appointment went well, feels like we're getting to the final run in now!
    we had our antenatal class yesterday, it was very informative and she answered a lot of questions we had!

hows everyone else doing?

Ouch that sounds painful! But sounds like the baby is moving down into your pelvis :-) We are nearly there now. This last stretch is tough going but will be worth it. I can barely put my own socks on anymore and tying my own shoelaces is a mission and a half! Work is becoming unbearable and to make it worse they are after putting me in for three 12hr shifts in a row next week, the thoughts of it!

I just laughed at that, I can just about put on my socks but I wear the compression socks when i'm working and i can never get them off at the end of the day! my partner has to take them off for me! it feels so silly getting him to do those things for me!

Yeah proper kicks that will stop you in your tracks! Ow! Usually at 3 in the morning, too. Thanks baby...

Kauto0709 wrote:
    Ouch that sounds painful! But sounds like the baby is moving down into your pelvis :-) We are nearly there now. This last stretch is tough going but will be worth it. I can barely put my own socks on anymore and tying my own shoelaces is a mission and a half! Work is becoming unbearable and to make it worse they are after putting me in for three 12hr shifts in a row next week, the thoughts of it!

oh no kauto, 3 in a row is horrible, I couldn't do them when I wasnt pregnant! i've been lucky they have spread out my shifts and i haven't done nights since new year! only 6 more shifts until mat leave after today! it cant come quick enough!

oh no kauto, 3 in a row is horrible, I couldn't do them when I wasnt pregnant! i've been lucky they have spread out my shifts and i haven't done nights since new year! only 6 more shifts until mat leave after today! it cant come quick enough!

I know :-( I am half tempted to see will the doctor write me off work at least for the week. I am not able for those kind of hours, I am pure exhausted all the time because I am not sleeping properly and my back and ribs are in bits. I would feel cheeky asking though! :-/

• Advertisement

Girls never mind work, ye need to look after you and the baby first. I'm signed off now. And it's necessary.

Advertisement