Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

I tried everything on my first from reflexology to a sweep to try and get things going but still went overdue.

Didn't try anything on my 2nd - just assumed I would go overdue again, and went into labour a few days early.

My mother in law keeps saying that when the apple is ripe it will fall from the tree!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Really thought something may have been starting last night but nope, back to nothing doing this morning :D

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Really thought something may have been starting last night but nope, back to nothing doing this morning :D

Yeah... Nothing anymore here either!

yamiki wrote: »
    Yeah... Nothing anymore here either!

I'm resigning myself to induction on 9th now.

Anything prior to that will be a bonus :)

• Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Home blood pressure fine. Head well down would love to go early must get the ball out and bounce away. Any one try ???raspberry tea . Does it work.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 56 ✭✭goldlocks10

Home blood pressure fine. Head well down would love to go early must get the ball out and bounce away. Any one try ???raspberry tea . Does it work.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Tried it with my first, and she was a week early. Thanks for the reminder, I still have some at home, I know what I'm drinking tonight!
    Bump has definitely dropped here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

sounds like raspberry tea is worth a try! must get some!
    had a breastfeeding class today, was very interesting, feeling really positive about managing it now!

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Ended up in hospital yesterday, baby decided Sunday night to play hide and seek so went in yesterday at 3pm, done a trace and baby barely moved in 50mins so was admitted for 2nd trace, he finally made a reappearance at 10:30pm and was back to his normal self by 1am. Finally home at 2pm today after sleepless stressful day/night

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Ended up in hospital yesterday, baby decided Sunday night to play hide and seek so went in yesterday at 3pm, done a trace and baby barely moved in 50mins so was admitted for 2nd trace, he finally made a reappearance at 10:30pm and was back to his normal self by 1am. Finally home at 2pm today after sleepless stressful day/night

Gosh that sounds like it must have been really stressful for you babypebble. Thank God all is back to normal now and I hope baby behaves him/herself from now on!

• Advertisement

oh baby pebble, you must of been so panicked, I know I get panicked when I Haven't noticed movement for an hour or so but then baby kicks in to action. couldn't imagine it going that long! glad to hear all is ok now though.

I was fairly calm up until they said they were keeping me in but I figured if I stressed too much it wouldnt help baby too much, thankfully he's back to his partying ways tonight :)

So hungry all the time!! It's embarrasing!! Honestly completely insatiable hunger

Baby Pebble - that's a terrible fright, glad all is ok and baby is back hopping and leaping! :)

I was back with OB today, blood pressure little high and traces of protein in urine.
    Induction brought forward to this Monday instead of 9th.
    SO hoping something might happen between now and then! :D

I was back with OB today, blood pressure little high and traces of protein in urine. Induction brought forward to this Monday instead of 9th. SO hoping something might happen between now and then! 

oh wow! next monday, so exciting that you'l meet baba next week, I know you dont want induction but better off not risking anything especially if bp is up and protein there now.

maybe something will happen for you before then! will keep my fingers crossed for you!

had my repeat scan today, babys tummy now measuring in 91st centile, had be above 95th so not measuring as big which is a bit of a relief, was starting to wonder if it would actually be possible to do a vaginal delivery if baby was still as big!
    weighing in at 7lb 9oz now tho! but I know they can be inaccurate,

ainy wrote: »
    oh wow! next monday, so exciting that you'l meet baba next week, I know you dont want induction but better off not risking anything especially if bp is up and protein there now.

maybe something will happen for you before then! will keep my fingers crossed for you!

had my repeat scan today, babys tummy now measuring in 91st centile, had be above 95th so not measuring as big which is a bit of a relief, was starting to wonder if it would actually be possible to do a vaginal delivery if baby was still as big!
    weighing in at 7lb 9oz now tho! but I know they can be inaccurate,

Yeah They can never be sure if weight, least I hope not, baby here is 8.5 lbs as of today! And I'm teeny tiny! He said it was an advantage that this isn't my first rodeo though! :D

We'll all have our babies safe and sound in the coming few weeks, feels like it's FLOWN! :)

Just wondering ainy is weight a concern for you for delivery? My baby scanned over 8lbs on Tuesday so need to see my ob next week because of very good size baby and date issue and this is my first

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

We're all predicted big babas. In today. All well. Looks 2.99kgs, or about 6lbs 6 at the moment with 4 weeks to go.

Wow, Monday is so close. The induction/bo/ protein is annoying but must be wonderful to be seeing the little one so soon.

Just wondering ainy is weight a concern for you for delivery? My baby scanned over 8lbs on Tuesday so need to see my ob next week because of very good size baby and date issue and this is my first

well it wasnt really until all my aunties started asking me if they were going to let me have baby naturally! obviously then I started thinking that it might not be possible but now that its not as high a percentile on the abdominal size I'm more relaxed! (the weight never bothered me, it was babies abdominal circumference that was the problem!) doctors never mentioned anything about interventions or anything just family!
    have my clinic appt on monday so will see what they say then but I dont think they'l be worried or concerned by the measurements now!

I haven't got a clue what weight my little one is. I'm going to the midwife's clinic so the last scan I had at the hosp was at 20 weeks.

• Advertisement

To be fair, none of us "really" do. Scans are notoriously unreliable and can be lbs off. I'm taking my prediction as " looks normal, not too big, not too small". Honestly, don't feel you are missing out in any way whatsoever.

deedless wrote: »
    To be fair, none of us "really" do. Scans are notoriously unreliable and can be lbs off. I'm taking my prediction as " looks normal, not too big, not too small". Honestly, don't feel you are missing out in any way whatsoever.

Exactly. I was told on my first that baby was already 5lbs at 32 weeks so was expecting a MONSTER baby.
    Baby was born at 37+5 at just 6lbs6oz.

It's all just estimation :)

Both my babies have been 9lb + and I'm not expecting a tiddler this time either!

My attitude is that the bigger the baby is when it's born, the less weight I have to lose after the delivery!

I was back with OB today, blood pressure little high and traces of protein in urine.
    Induction brought forward to this Monday instead of 9th.
    SO hoping something might happen between now and then! :D

Wow Monday is so close! You must be really excited. I wish you the best of luck!

I had my 38 week check-up today, all is fine but they obviously aren't expecting me to have this baby anytime soon as told me to book in again for 2 weeks time :-(

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Wow Monday is so close! You must be really excited. I wish you the best of luck!

I had my 38 week check-up today, all is fine but they obviously aren't expecting me to have this baby anytime soon as told me to book in again for 2 weeks time :-(

Yep, countdown is on! :)

It's so hard at this stage isn't it when you feel so heavy and can't sleep, the anxiousness, worry etc.
    As this is your first baby my only advice would be, don't do too much and if you can rest as much as possible and take help from who ever offers it!
    Just think before this month is over most of the March babies will be here!
    I'm a mix of nervous excitement myself today, lots of little jobs to do and STILL living in hope that I might go into labour myself! :)

How's everyone else at this stage?

Wrecked. Not sleeping well at all at night. The kindle is very useful. I'm feeling huge and heavy and on an emotional knife edge. Work are being absolute hits at the moment and I really don't want to go in next week but there's nothing physically stopping me (4 day week).

Getting excited about meeting baba sometime in the next 6 weeks though.

Yay March. I'm almost amazed there were no premature babas. At worst we are all 35 weeks now.

Fingers crossed you go yourself Sittingpretty.

wahoo its march!!!

feeling so swollen and heavy, had a party to go to last night, I had to buy a pair of flat shoes in a bigger size, they just fit before I went out, by the time I was coming home my feet were so ballooned up they were so squished into them!

it was funny at the party, all the women were saying how well I looked(I didn't believe them!) and then an uncle came over and says look at the size of you!! think that was the truth!

heading for a pampering afternoon with my sister today, really looking forward to it.

hopefully something will start for you today sitting! at least you know it will start tomorrow anyway and you'l meet your little one very soon! will be thinking of you tomorrow x

I've had an awful week! I've had a chest infection and my 18 month old has had an ear infection. So between the 2 of us, there's has been 4 visits to the doctors this week!

When the little one was sick I realised how much of a baby she still is and I really can't imagine having another tiny baby too!! I guess we'll just get on with it!

I'm due the middle of the month so I will definitely be going into April skinnier!

I've had an awful week! I've had a chest infection and my 18 month old has had an ear infection. So between the 2 of us, there's has been 4 visits to the doctors this week!

When the little one was sick I realised how much of a baby she still is and I really can't imagine having another tiny baby too!! I guess we'll just get on with it!

I'm due the middle of the month so I will definitely be going into April skinnier!

You poor thing! Sounds like it has been a tough week for you!

You will have your hands full for sure but it will be so worth it x

• Advertisement

Best of luck tomorrow Sittingpretty!

Advertisement