Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Getting irregular crampy pains since last night. I had hoped they would become stronger and more frequent overnight but still the same today, just coming and going but no regular pattern. Not sure if it's a sign of early labour.

Any of you who have had a baby before, did you experience this?

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

Been feeling that also Kauto but kinda easing off again, went walking and kind of jogging on the beach today and it was so tough with the cold and sinking into the sand!

Still getting those pains. They are becoming more regular (every 6 minutes or so) and definately more uncomfortable but I am trying to stay home and cope with them. I think if I did to into the hosp they would send me home again. I am so tired, been awake all night with them :-(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Still getting those pains. They are becoming more regular (every 6 minutes or so) and definately more uncomfortable but I am trying to stay home and cope with them. I think if I did to into the hosp they would send me home again. I am so tired, been awake all night with them :-(

Maybe give the hospital a call? I know they say when they get to 5 mins apart to go in so might be no harm...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

Kauto0709 wrote:

ooh sounds like something happening! give the hospital a ring and see what they suggest, I think I remember the midwives saying if you cant sleep through them its more likely contractions, you could take paracetamol at home to help with the pain, it might let you stay at home that bit longer,

I was getting cramps and tightenings around 3 this morning, thought it was starting, lasted for an hour and then nothing! I did download a contraction timer app but didn't need to start using it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

How long are the pains lasting? I think if they are lasting more than 30-40 seconds and are 6 minutes apart you should certainly be thinking of going in. As Ainy said, give the midwives shout. They will be more than happy to advise I bet.

Exciting though

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

Soooo exciting! :) As the girls have said, no harm to give your hosp admissions dept a call if they have continued at equal intervals, are painful and are still going this morning!

VERY best of luck!!! :) x

Just wondering has anyone had their labour start with just contractions, no show or waters leaking/breaking, any other symptoms?

Just wondering has anyone had their labour start with just contractions, no show or waters leaking/breaking, any other symptoms?

Yes! And I was induced, show didn't start until I was 3-4cm, waters were broken by midwife.

It's all happening this week ladies! :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

As far as I remember most start with contractions, very few women have broken waters first, not like TV!

• Advertisement

Still at home. Pains are so sore, they are killing me, but I rang the hosp and as they are still only 5-6 minutes apart the midwife said it's best to stay at home until they are more frequent.

I am in bits when they do come though, they are flooring me :'(

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,306 ✭✭✭ariana`

Still at home. Pains are so sore, they are killing me, but I rang the hosp and as they are still only 5-6 minutes apart the midwife said it's best to stay at home until they are more frequent.

Kautoo is it your 1st? She is probably right, the longer you're at home the better. But at least something is happening. It's a positive hun, whatever way you will have your baby by the end of the weekend. It can just take a while to actually start dilating even with regular contractions. I won't tell you how long my 1st took.

Have you tried the bath or shower even? Some people get great relief from water? Or have you a TENS machine on? I always got some relief using the medicine ball, going between boucning while sitting on it and kneeling on the floor and just rolling forwards and backwards with my arms folded on it and my head rested on my arms, you can get a rhythm going which is soothing. Also distraction, i know it may sound ridiculous but watch a movie or something and rest at all if you can. Hang in there hon, your baby is getting ready to meet you xx

Yes both times it was just contractions. Waters didn't go til hours later and both times they only went after an internal exam in the hospital. I never had a show or any other symptoms.

Ok thanks girls was just curious as I was expecting a show because most ppl I know started with one, just dawned on me earlier doesn't mean I'll get one ��
    Hope your ok kauto ❤️

In Holles St it is standard practice to break your waters after being admitted to the labour and delivery suite. I think many/most women have them broken by the midwives (I think this may be holles st only). So again sounds like contractions are the most reliable indicator .

Feeling for you K, but a teeny tiny bit jealous too. Definitely sounds like you will be meeting your little baba soon.

Oh you poor thing. Try going on all fours, I found this to be the most comfortable position to get through the pains.

Good luck! :)

deedless wrote:
    Feeling for you K, but a teeny tiny bit jealous too. Definitely sounds like you will be meeting your little baba soon.

ha, I was thinking the same, probably doesn't help with your pain tho Kauto that we're a bit envious, but as deedless says, you'l meet baba soon!!

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Best of luck kauto :) its all happening!
    I found the following great for the early stages of labour: lean your forearms against the wall, feet hip width apart and about three feet from the wall, and do big circle with your hips.
    I'm jealous too :p

ariana` wrote: »
    Kautoo is it your 1st? She is probably right, the longer you're at home the better. But at least something is happening. It's a positive hun, whatever way you will have your baby by the end of the weekend. It can just take a while to actually start dilating even with regular contractions. I won't tell you how long my 1st took.

Have you tried the bath or shower even? Some people get great relief from water? Or have you a TENS machine on? I always got some relief using the medicine ball, going between boucning while sitting on it and kneeling on the floor and just rolling forwards and backwards with my arms folded on it and my head rested on my arms, you can get a rhythm going which is soothing. Also distraction, i know it may sound ridiculous but watch a movie or something and rest at all if you can. Hang in there hon, your baby is getting ready to meet you xx

Thanks everyone for the supportive messages. I am just feeling in bits. The pains are horrible when they're here but they have not gotten any closer together so I am worried this could go into tomorrow at least unless things speed up :-( Yes it's my first so I know we could be talking days :-(

I haven't got a TENS machine or a ball but am trying out some of the other positions mentioned like leaning against the wall, or I find down on my knees leaning over the couch a little helpful.

Will keep you all posted if any update. Thanks again x

The pains are horrible i know but try to keep focus on meeting your baby at the end. You are doing fantastic. If i were you i'd go in later this evening/ tonight even if they haven't gotten any closer, they may decide to induce if this stage goes on too long (i'm sure hospital procedures vary but looking back i should have been more vocal on my 1st, i was left too long).

• Advertisement

Our beautiful baby girl was born tonight at 9:20pm weighing 6lbs 15oz. So in love with her already.

Thank you all so much for your support earlier. The pains started coming every 4-5 minutes and I really wasn't coping with them so we decided to make our way into the Coombe. Went to go to the toilet just before we left and my waters went and mucous plug passed. Contractions got very strong then, got into the hosp and was fully effaced and 3cms dilated. They reexamined after half an hour and I was 7cm. Transferred me over to labour ward, they examined and I was 9cm!! I was begging for an epidural but worried I wouldn't have time. Luckily got one on board and it worked wonders, could relax then for a while. Started pushing at 8:50, baby born at 9:20. Pushed her out all by myself :-)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

Huge congratulations and well done, hope you are ok and get some sleep

massive congrats kauto!! I guess we're not twins anymore! sounds like a perfect labour, apart from the pain obviously!! so delighted for you, hope you and your little girl are both well and congratulations on your new little family!

Our beautiful baby girl was born tonight at 9:20pm weighing 6lbs 15oz. So in love with her already.

Thank you all so much for your support earlier. The pains started coming every 4-5 minutes and I really wasn't coping with them so we decided to make our way into the Coombe. Went to go to the toilet just before we left and my waters went and mucous plug passed. Contractions got very strong then, got into the hosp and was fully effaced and 3cms dilated. They reexamined after half an hour and I was 7cm. Transferred me over to labour ward, they examined and I was 9cm!! I was begging for an epidural but worried I wouldn't have time. Luckily got one on board and it worked wonders, could relax then for a while. Started pushing at 8:50, baby born at 9:20. Pushed her out all by myself :-)

Absolutely THRILLED for you! :)

Lovely news to wake up to today, I'd been watching the thread all last night for news! :D

enjoy every minute and wow girl, fair play, sounds like you handled labour like a pro. I can't even imagine 9cm without epi, I could barely cope when I got mine at 5cm! :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Huge congratulations kauto!! :) delighted for you!

Twinges all night long here, and this morning, a little less but still the odd one. Come out little man!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,175 ✭✭✭angeldelight

Congratulations kauto! Lots of little girls being born recently it seems :)

Congratulations! Such lovely news.

Thanks so much everyone :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 440 ✭✭je551e

Thanks so much everyone :-)

Congrats :)

• Advertisement

Now......who's next..... :P

Advertisement