Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

March 2015 Babies Club

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,872 ✭✭✭Sittingpretty

E_M_K wrote: »
    I only had this conversation at work this morning, we get it here. My friend is a pharmacist & said I should get it as a flu is really bad for the baby (proper flu where you're in bed for a few days zonked) but I can't rem the last time I got a dose like that. I'm of the mindset if your fit & healthy your body should be able to fight these things but its not just me anymore. Hows everyone doing anyway??

Your body's immunity is quite compromised when you are pregnant, that's why the vaccine is advisable :)

I'll be getting the vaccine as I did with my last pregnancy.

My GP who is pregnant herself recommended I get it sooner rather than later so I'd rather not take any chances :)

Almost 19 weeks now. Bit worried that I've not gained any weight but am in maternity clothes since 9 weeks and have a very visible bump. Have 20 week scan on Monday so looking fwd to that and hoping that all will be good :)

Hope everyone else is fit and healthy :)

• Registered Users Posts: 42 E_M_K

Thanks @angeldelight for the insight! Sometimes all the info on the internet is all too impersonal and not very reassuring in any direction.
    I'm 15w5d. Its funny how I feel like I've just started to blossom in the last week. I'm still in my own jeans but they are starting to feel tight especially in the evenings or after a big meal. I got some lovely comfy maternity skinny jeans in Topshop at the wknd (much cheaper order online though even in sterling!)
    Another question for ye, has anyone started Pregnancy yoga or Pilates? I feel like i'm not pregnant enough looking to go (i know that sounds silly) will I be bored now versus a normal Pilates class?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

Thanks all for flu jab feedback. General consensus among health professionals it to definitely get it so I think I will. I've had flu maybe three times in the last ten years and it's horrible even when you can take all the good drugs!

On the subject of maternity clothes, I got some stuff from Asos last week and it's great. So much cheaper than maternity type shops and very comfy. I got two pairs of jeans, work trousers and skirt, leggings, tights, a cardigan and four long sleeve tops for €250.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 302 ✭✭Cheese Princess

E_M_K wrote: »
    Another question for ye, has anyone started Pregnancy yoga or Pilates? I feel like i'm not pregnant enough looking to go (i know that sounds silly) will I be bored now versus a normal Pilates class?

I've signed up for pregnancy yoga from next week. I'll be 16 weeks then and not really showing much either but I think it'll be good for stretching and breathing etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 76 ✭✭yamiki

Thanks for the reminder about the yoga girls, I must try and sign up for a class as well, 17 weeks gone now.
    I did it last time, and some of the moves were a lifesaver for me when I was walking the corridors in labour. Contraction? Lean forwards against the wall, with your arms, and do big circles with the hips. aaah. :p So I'd definitely recommend it.

• Advertisement

Good to know on the yoga moves @yamiki I plan to start a pregnancy yoga class this wknd, its PAYG so i can commit as much or as little as I want then. @Cheeseprincess on the ASOS clothes are they true to size or a bit big? I found i'm normally a 10 but ASOS can be hit & miss on sizing. I did come across across nice maternity clothes on a site mamalicious & beautiful bumps recently, def worth a look.

• Registered Users Posts: 169 ✭✭baby_pebble

So got my first ever flu jab today (18weeks) doc def recommended it as it's safer for baby! My arm is so so sore though :( other than that everything looks good solid heartbeat measuring good an weight gain is good, all bump she said :)
    On a downside took patch test for getting my hair done (just incase developed an allergy from pregnancy) turns out I have and had an instant reaction!! Was very sad not being able to do my hair next week :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,181 ✭✭✭2xj3hplqgsbkym

So got my first ever flu jab today (18weeks) doc def recommended it as it's safer for baby! My arm is so so sore though :( other than that everything looks good solid heartbeat measuring good an weight gain is good, all bump she said :)
    On a downside took patch test for getting my hair done (just incase developed an allergy from pregnancy) turns out I have and had an instant reaction!! Was very sad not being able to do my hair next week :(
    Just wondering did the gp charge you for the flu injection or count it as part of the combined care?
    Also do you normally get your hair coloured? I was thinking of getting mine done too, I better get strand test first.

Just wondering did the gp charge you for the flu injection or count it as part of the combined care?
    Also do you normally get your hair coloured? I was thinking of getting mine done too, I better get strand test first.

I have a medical card so I'm guessing that covers my jab? I always get my hair coloured but since I got pregnant I didn't do it, so I booked in with my hairdresser, told her I was pregnant so she done a skin test and straight away it was itchy and burning! She told me to try another salon with different product but to make sure I get skin tested!

I have a medical card so I'm guessing that covers my jab? I always get my hair coloured but since I got pregnant I didn't do it, so I booked in with my hairdresser, told her I was pregnant so she done a skin test and straight away it was itchy and burning! She told me to try another salon with different product but to make sure I get skin tested!

Try Aveda colour, it's mostly natural :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,725 ✭✭✭Kauto0709

Anybody else starting to feel like pregnancy is just the longest thing ever.......

I've signed up for pregnancy yoga from next week. I'll be 16 weeks then and not really showing much either but I think it'll be good for stretching and breathing etc.

I went to prenatal yoga & really enjoyed it! It was relaxing but I still felt it in my arms & sides the next day. We were moving around so the 1.5hrs went very fast.

Interesting to hear on the hair dye, I asked was it okay because of pregnancy before getting mine done recently and was told I'd have no issues. My scalp was red for 24hrs afterwards so I wasn't too happy!

• Registered Users Posts: 96 ✭✭deedless

Mind if I join you ladies? Due end of March, 27th but 12 week scan showed about 4 days ahead.

First trimester was mostly fine, two weeks of crippling tiredness but otherwise ok. Making up for it since. Massively congested, sore throat, ear ache and headache. I've missed more work in the last six weeks than in the previous two years. Still, will be worth it in the end.

deedless wrote: »
    Mind if I join you ladies? Due end of March, 27th but 12 week scan showed about 4 days ahead.

First trimester was mostly fine, two weeks of crippling tiredness but otherwise ok. Making up for it since. Massively congested, sore throat, ear ache and headache. I've missed more work in the last six weeks than in the previous two years. Still, will be worth it in the end.

Welcome! Is it your first?

Welcome! Is it your first?

It is.all new and exciting.

I'm due the same date :-) Congrats!

Anybody else starting to find it so uncomfortable trying to get to sleep? I just can't seem to find a comfortable position where my bump is not squished :(

Kauto0709 wrote: »
    Anybody else starting to find it so uncomfortable trying to get to sleep? I just can't seem to find a comfortable position where my bump is not squished :(

Good practice ;)

Try a maternity sleep pillow, they work a dream! :)

Has anyone heard you shouldn't sleep on your back? Because of this I wake up so many times worried I'm sleeping on my back and 50% of the time I am!

• Advertisement

Woke up this morning with a horrible cold :( sniffle.... not what I needed, I just want to go to bed now, and not be in the office... :(
    A friend also just pulled me aside and asked if I'd lost weight... and she has a point, my jeans are hanging off me! But baby is kicking happily, and I can feel the bump growing and stretching. Anyone else NOT putting on weight? Should I be concerned? Last pregnancy I put on a good bit, this time about 3 kg so far...

Has anyone heard you shouldn't sleep on your back? Because of this I wake up so many times worried I'm sleeping on my back and 50% of the time I am!

I've heard it but from what I've read you are ok. Afaik, there is an vein or an artery that can potentially be constricted in late pregnancy so best practice is to sleep on your left hand side but most/all midwives and consultants would say sleep however you can and don't worry about it. However, as with any semi medical info you should ask your midwife or doctor to put your mind at rest the next time you're there.

I sleep on my back and am happy to keep doing so. I try to go on my left but never wake up on it. I am not in the slightest bit worried personally.

yamiki wrote: »
    Woke up this morning with a horrible cold :( sniffle.... not what I needed, I just want to go to bed now, and not be in the office... :(
    A friend also just pulled me aside and asked if I'd lost weight... and she has a point, my jeans are hanging off me! But baby is kicking happily, and I can feel the bump growing and stretching. Anyone else NOT putting on weight? Should I be concerned? Last pregnancy I put on a good bit, this time about 3 kg so far...

Sorry to hear about your cold! So many have it at the moment, i'm surrounded with it. Can you take a few sick days to rest it out?

How far gone are you? I'm worried I haven't put on enough myself, I was at the beauticians for my bikini wax and she asked the usual any news and I said I was pregnant, she wanted to know when I was having my first scan & when was I going to tell people! I'm 17 weeks, 1.5kg on & i'm not restricting my food by no means! I nearly feel guilty for it, I do wonder should I be worried. 5-10lbs by now seems to be the norm from online reading. I do keep quite active so maybe that counteracts it.

I'm 20 weeks since yesterday and haven't gained any weight AT ALL.

I had my anomaly scan on Monday and asked consultant if this is a worry, he said no, not at all. Weight is something they relied on much more before scans became so detailed with their measurements. So no need to panic! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,196 ✭✭✭crazy cat lady

Anyone finding out what they are getting?

We already have two pink and just found out that we are getting a blue one!!

Anyone finding out what they are getting?

We already have two pink and just found out that we are getting a blue one!!

Yep I can't wait to find out. Big scan is in 2 weeks!

Alright so, thanks all, I won't worry about the weight :)
    18+5 today, big scan in two weeks, I can't wait. Going to find out the sex, I want to know if my gut feeling of another girl is correct...

How is everyone getting on? I am 20 weeks today, big scan next Thurs, can't wait! :-) All going well, just still struggling with the tiredness and still getting sick somedays (worse with tiredness). Also having back pain lately :-( Feeling some flutters but no definate kicks or regular movement as of yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 499 ✭✭ainy

20 weeks today too
    !! had hosp appointment yesterday, heard heartbeat on the Doppler so that was great! booked my private 22wk scan for 4 th Nov! not been too bad, have had a couple nose bleeds and get a bad sciatica pain when I lie down and fall asleep every night by about 10!
    been feeling slight flutters but nothing proper yet! thats all with me really! just delighted to be halfway there now!!

• Advertisement

Nosebleed last night, somewhat unpleasant to wake up to. Have started feeling flutters properly in the last week. Before I thought I felt them but they were so soft and fleeting I could never be sure. Scan scheduled for the 11 November. Really looking forward to that but just a bit nervous too.

Advertisement