Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Fraud protection

Options
  • 04-07-2014 2:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 18

Dear BOI, my friends and myself are still wondering if you offer any sort of fraud protection. I have seen in other countries that it is possible to receive a text message as soon as any transaction takes place or, even better, the bank wait for a reply from the person in order to proceed with the transaction. Do you offer something like this? If not, is there any theft insurance in case I don't realise that my account is used somewhere else?
    I'm asking this because I make a lot of online purchases and I'm afraid to lose my money :(

Thanks for any information!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,060 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland: Alison

Hi Flyb4ck

Welcome to Boards.

We can understand your valid points on card/account security, customers security is of the up most importance to us. 

We do have a Card Security Team, they will monitor customers card transactions. For an unusual or suspicious transaction they will try to text or call customer to alert them to the transaction. Although we do offer this service, it does not replace customer monitoring of their cards/accounts. 

Our Team do not have the more in depth service you mention above or offer theft insurance. However, we will certainly forward these suggestions and concerns to our Card Management Team. 

Bank of Ireland 365 Online/Phone banking will allow customers to check account and card transactions 24/7. 

We would advise you to be careful when deciding to purchase through websites online whilst using your personal card details and just checking your PC has not been compromised etc. You can find some helpful information on this here

We do offer a facility if you have a dispute with a retailer/ business when using your Visa Debit Card. We would first ask the customer to try and resolve this, however if these attempts fail you can complete a Visa Debit Dispute Form with us. More information on this can be found here 

If you have any further questions, please feel free to ask. 

Thanks
    Alison

Advertisement