Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dreamcast Lightgun - House of the Dead 2 / GCon 45 - Time Crisis

Options
  • 04-07-2014 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭

Got a CRT the other day and I'm dying to relive some of my most nostalgic moments. Already have a light gun but would like two for when I have guests over.

Would also love a GCon 45 with Time Crisis or Point Blank.

I'd be willing to pay a reasonable price for both the gun and HOTD2. I'm also willing to do a trade for these items as well. I have some Dreamcast doubles that could be traded for instance.

If anyone is heading to the beers we could do the trade then.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I have a spare lightgun afaik.
    I'll attempt to remember to bring it along tomorrow night.
    What's ya got to trade?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,216 ✭✭✭MrVestek

CiDeRmAn wrote: »
    I have a spare lightgun afaik.
    I'll attempt to remember to bring it along tomorrow night.
    What's ya got to trade?

What are you looking for?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,605 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

I won't know until you offer it!
    Gameboy, GBA and DS stuff.
    MD, Snes and so on.
    Anything as long as I don't already have it.

Actually, I have just found a copy of House of the Dead 2 to go along with the gun, it's just the disk in a generic case, no manual or anything but it is a DC disc inside.
    So, that's the gun and the game.

What do you want to do?

Can we make some arrangement here, as I'd rather not haggle this evening!

Wake up you lazy git and make an offer!!!

• Advertisement

Actually, I have just found a copy of House of the Dead 2 to go along with the gun, it's just the disk in a generic case, no manual or anything but it is a DC disc inside.
    So, that's the gun and the game.

What do you want to do?

Can we make some arrangement here, as I'd rather not haggle this evening!

Picked up HOTD2 complete in box with light gun for sega saturn and virtua cop for €20. Not a bad deal for the rage.

Anyway you can hold onto the game.

The only thing I can really think of to trade is maybe a few Dreamcast controllers?

The only Mega Drive games I really have are shovelware like Mega Games etc.

You're grand.
    I have a good few DC controllers now myself.
    I'm sure I'll find a willing enough trader for the HOTD2.
    I'm afraid you've nothing I want for the gun.
    Sure, throw me a fiver, it'll cover the cost of something I'm picking up from Atavan for the gun.

You're grand.
    I have a good few DC controllers now myself.
    I'm sure I'll find a willing enough trader for the HOTD2.
    I'm afraid you've nothing I want for the gun.
    Sure, throw me a fiver, it'll cover the cost of something I'm picking up from Atavan for the gun.

Ok I'll throw you a five. Cheers. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 143 ✭✭whackball

I've a G-Con 1 & Time crisis for PS1 and also the G-Con 2 available if any interest.

Selling them as I want funds to put towards Mario kart 8 on Wii U.

• Registered Users Posts: 830 ✭✭✭daingeanrob

would be interested, how much are we looking for, posted/parcelmotel to sligo?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

As I said, get the G-Con 2.

It is a far superior controller to the first one, the clicky trigger is just awesome.

I used a friends Gun Con 45 and the amount of force required to the pull the trigger wasn't fun at all.

BTW, I don't have a second copy of Time Crisis like i thought i had.

I think i was going to buy it in a games bundle recently but passed on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

waveform wrote: »
    I used a friends Gun Con 45 and the amount of force required to the pull the trigger wasn't fun at all.

Really? I just found mine with my copy of Time Crisis and Point Blank and I can't fault it. I didn't have a PS1 and forgot that it worked with the PS2

The only problem I've found with mine is that the left button sticks a little, which I remember happening when I was a kid, and which can be a bit annoying when you're standing there wondering why you aren't covering to reload in Time Crisis. Can't fault the trigger on mine though.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,027 ✭✭✭Doge

It could be that the trigger was abused on my friends one when I tried it out.

Have you compared it with the G-Con 2 though?

I think Retr0 originally recommended me to go for the 2nd one over the 1st actually.

• Registered Users Posts: 664 ✭✭✭Tomo.Murphy

waveform wrote: »
    It could be that the trigger was abused on my friends one when I tried it out.

Have you compared it with the G-Con 2 though?

I think Retr0 originally recommended me to go for the 2nd one over the 1st actually.

I haven't tried the G-Con 2. I have a Dreamcast light gun which is in great condition and I would say that the trigger on the Dreamcast gun is a slight bit stiffer than the trigger on the G-Con 45.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement