Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Firearm or New License

Options
  • 04-07-2014 3:43pm
    Registered Users Posts: 128 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

If i change my firearm and trade it in against a new model do i have to apply for a new firearms certificate or can i get existing licence transferred for new gun ? I have two years left on my exisiting FAC.

Thank you

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,805 ✭✭✭juice1304

KE_MAN wrote: »
    Hi Folks,

If i change my firearm and trade it in against a new model do i have to apply for a new firearms certificate or can i get existing licence transferred for new gun ? I have two years left on my exisiting FAC.

Thank you

You can do a sub. Easy to do only takes a couple of weeks and will last for the duration of your existing licnece.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,006 ✭✭✭TriggerPL

And it's free !

• Registered Users Posts: 11,788 ✭✭✭✭BattleCorp

You can do a substitution but only if it's like for like.

Now the like for like depends on your Super.

Some will sub any unrestricted firearm for another unrestricted firearm. Others are more awkward and will only sub a .22lr for another. 22lr and so on.

Advertisement