Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ban from Soccer

Options
  • 04-07-2014 4:08pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,872 ✭✭✭

Hi there friendly Admins!

I got as card a few weeks back from calling out a clear troll with an (I thought) amusing Harry Potter refence of "Troll in the dungeon!"
    I wasn't aware of the charter rule about troll-calling, so I got a card. Fair enough.

Then today, someone called me a troll (without a witty teen-wizard based connection), and I replied with "In the Liverpool thread, you would get a card for that", and I got a second card for backseat modding!

Please note that I have been a member of the Soccer forum for 5 years or more and never been carded. I realise now that some new rules were brought in for the WC as it was opened up to new posters, but I would have thought that was to control new posters, not to penalise long term posters...

Anyway, appreciate if you could consider whether my ban could be lifted on the basis that it was 2 honest mistakes and I am sufficiently chastened...

:)

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,290 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

Sorry, but accusing someone of being a troll is considered back-seat modding across the site (you seem to acknowledge this is specifically mentioned in the Soccer Forum charter, but you could expect to be picked up pretty much anywhere on the site for that sort of post). To then say that accusing someone of being a troll would be carded in another thread is doing the mods job for them - you are essentially saying the post is card-worthy which is the mods job to determine, not yours. It's both off topic and backseat modding. You should simply report the post and leave it for the mods to deal with.

You picked up yellows for both and I can see no basis for overturning either. The 1 month ban follows automatically. Saying that it would be carded in a particular thread and almost implying it would only be in that thread compounds the issue, as it's alluding to a perception of mod bias within that thread, which is certainly not the case.

I would add it's a little disengenuous to claim you have never picked up any cards before - I can see a couple that you have picked up previously in the Soccer forum.

Hence I am upholding both cards and resultant ban.

Advertisement