Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cable attached to my house with no permission (I'm not a customer)

Options
  • 04-07-2014 4:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 351 ✭✭

I'm not an eircom customer, but need to complain. I had your engineering team attaching a cable to my house to provide service to next door but one.
    No one sought my permission and the first I knew of it was when I heard drilling into my wall!! The mess left by your engineers is a disgrace. How are you even allowed to attach a cable to my property without my permission and run an unsecured cable across my balcony which is a health and safety hazard! Not acceptable at all!!!
    Come Monday I will be seeking legal advice for potential damage to my property and the health and safety issues.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,831 ✭✭✭eircom: Alan

Fran79 wrote: »

I'm not an eircom customer, but need to complain. I had your engineering team attaching a cable to my house to provide service to next door but one.
    No one sought my permission and the first I knew of it was when I heard drilling into my wall!! The mess left by your engineers is a disgrace. How are you even allowed to attach a cable to my property without my permission and run an unsecured cable across my balcony which is a health and safety hazard! Not acceptable at all!!!
    Come Monday I will be seeking legal advice for potential damage to my property and the health and safety issues.

[font=Times New Roman","serif]Hi Fran79

I'm very sorry to hear this, this does indeed seem quite odd and I can fully understand your feelings. Please send me a private message including your address and contact details and I will have this looked in to.

Thanks
    Al[/font]

Advertisement