Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ptsb tracker Mortgage Ecb rate cut

Options
  • 04-07-2014 4:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

i have a tracker mortgage which is 1.25% + Ecb rate
    i read this last cut will have a saving of 6 euro per 100,000 mortgage
    i have a mortgage of 150,000 and i see today the saving is 3.50 euro
    has anyone else had anything similar
    obviously its not much, i just wonder how they work it out is all

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

kk2012 wrote: »

Presuming this is a saving of €6 per monthly payment, the source of this information is fallacious. It couldn't be standardised because the terms of peoples' loans vary. I.e. The savings on a payment on a 20 year term is gonna be different on that of a 25 year term.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,020 ✭✭✭✭murphaph

Presuming this is a saving of €6 per monthly payment, the source of this information is fallacious. It couldn't be standardised because the terms of peoples' loans vary. I.e. The savings on a payment on a 20 year term is gonna be different on that of a 25 year term.
    Regardless of what term is left on your mortgage you can say with certainty that a reduction of x % interest on an outstanding 100k will mean a reduction of y % in the annual payment. You just divide that by 12 to get the monthly saving. That's all they mean when they say that stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

kk2012 wrote: »

OP, are you in receipt of TRS by any chance? Because TRS is based on how much interest you pay so if the interest rates go down you get less TRS which reduces the impact of the rate cut.

Advertisement