Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lock Fn Key - Windows 8.1

• 04-07-2014 5:10pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭

I have a Logitech K310 keyboard at work which has multimedia keys on the F1 - F12 keys, but I need to use the Fn key to access them. I would much prefer that the media keys are default selection, and Fn would toggle to the F1 - F12 if needed.

Is there a way to change the Fn key in Windows to act as an Flock key instead?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 85,688 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

the Fn is hardware based. Normally the OS doesn't factor into it, as far as I'm aware. I would ask on Logitech's website to see if what you want to do is possible.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 11,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Fysh

dulpit wrote: »
    I have a Logitech K310 keyboard at work which has multimedia keys on the F1 - F12 keys, but I need to use the Fn key to access them. I would much prefer that the media keys are default selection, and Fn would toggle to the F1 - F12 if needed.

Is there a way to change the Fn key in Windows to act as an Flock key instead?

I don't think it'd be a Windows thing, but some Logitech devices have obscure configuration change options available (I have a Logitech wireless keyboard with touchpad, and holding the Fn key at the same time as clicking the left touchpad button enables or disables tap-to-click on the touchpad). There may be something similar for your keyboard.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Do you have setpoint installed? There may be some configuration options there that may do what you need.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,489 ✭✭✭✭Alun

calex71 wrote: »
    Do you have setpoint installed? There may be some configuration options there that may do what you need.
    In Setpoint, go to the 'My Keyboard' tab, then select the 'F' tab on the left and check "Swap F key functions" on that screen.

o6hhdc.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Nice one lads, will try that out. Am travelling with work until Friday, so will check then.

Cheers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,523 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

Forgot to update this thread, I installed that app but unfortunately it can't control anything for the keyboard I have here. I'm already getting used to using the Fn key, so no biggie I suppose.

Thanks for help though.

Advertisement