Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How To Improve My German For LC?

• 04-07-2014 5:23pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

I'm going into 6th year and figured that some study is in order especially with German. I got a C3 in HL for my summer test. Although I could of put in much more effort I want at least a B2/3 in the LC so I need to improve my general standard in the language. I really hope this is achievable.. Is there any way in which I can improve my vocab to help the reading comps/listening&letter? Also I find all the different types of verbs confusing.. Is there anyway of simplifying these? Thanks guys :)

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,238 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Listen to German Internet radio stations.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,509 ✭✭✭✭randylonghorn

I've seen a fair few of our linguistically inclined people mention Duolingo (online) as a fun way of improving vocab etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Troxck

Just immerse yourself into the German language and culture online. Join German message boards or start to follow/subscribe to Germans on social media (especially the likes of Twitter and Tumblr as you'll constantly be reading German, thus learning new vocab!) Start listening to German musicians, my favourite at the moment is Cro and there are plenty more. It helps with pronunciation but it also forces you listen to it quickly and actually having to understand it. With this I went from 66% with an OL Listening exam at Christmas to 88% at Summer for a HL tape tape!

I also recommend reading Ard online because you can just keep up with what interests you (Sport, music, technology etc) but in German. Easier to learn something if you're interested in it!

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭mayogirlie1

i find duolingo fantastic for French anyway! would highly recommend it!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 394 ✭✭Gaw_

There is also memrise, similar to duolingo.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭EoghanIRL

You are going to laugh at me but german threads pop up on 4chan quite regularly . I used to post in them before .

Advertisement