Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

wedding planning rant!!

2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,809 ✭✭✭Frigga_92

OP, I would second what everyone else has been saying that you need to be very specific in what you're asking and make sure you get very specific answers.

Unfortunately, I am speaking as the voice of experience.
    The wedding coordinator, well the person who I had been corresponding with who told me she was the wedding coordinator, turned out to not be there at all on the day of our wedding (something we were never told) and as I was waiting to go into the room to be married (literally 10 minutes before the ceremony) I was approached by an events coordinator, someone I had never met or spoken to, who told me they would be looking after things for the day (they also didn't do a very good job). Just before we were getting married, literally 10 minutes beforehand, I was then thinking if this new person had all the info, knew what all the plans were etc etc and as I said before, we had a small, very chilled out wedding so I can't imagine the panic if I was someone who was having a huge occasion with a lot of things to organise wondering if everything had been looked after.

There were small cock-ups and big cock-ups, one of the small cock-ups was that as I was waiting to go into the room to be married one of the waitresses approached my sister and I with a tray holding 2 glasses of champagne which she offered to us, I was a bit confused by this, thought it was a bit strange to be getting champagne beforehand but thought nothing of it, my sister and I sipped the champagne together and then the ceremony took place.
    When my husband and I came out of the ceremony ahead of our guests, there were a few members of staff hanging around and one of the waitresses said to me "oh we were supposed to give you that champagne after the ceremony" and there was just a load of faffing around with, who seemed to be very inexperienced staff members, trying to get 2 more glasses of champagne from the bar while we were getting kisses and hugs from our guests and the staff were faffing around getting in between people etc. During this the wedding coordinator, events coordinator, whatever coordinator was nowhere to be seen and I just felt the organisation started to fall down from there for the rest of the day with little gaps in the plans due to not having someone there, who we thought would be there, to keep an eye on things.
    There were a good few other problems throughout the day and into the night and there was nobody that I could turn to to say "would you mind sorting this or that out?" These problems ranged from problems with the bar, problems with the food to problems with rooms and everytime something cropped up it was a different person I spoke to rather than just being able to go to the coordinator and say "would you mind sorting this out?" and everytime I spoke to someone I had to go looking for them, at no point was there someone who popped their head in just to make sure everything was going smoothly.

It was after the wedding when I made a complaint that I was told that the woman I had been corresponding with in relation to the wedding wasn't actually the wedding coordinator and that's why the problems had arisen and the complaint I made was not addressed in any other way.

I always thought that a wedding or event coordinator person would be just keeping an eye on things, making sure there's no wrinkles on the day and unfortunately we didn't have that so I would definitely recommend getting this sorted now.

Advertisement