Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Planning Permission - Overwhelmed!

Options
  • 04-07-2014 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 10

Hi there,

My husband and I are in the process of putting together ideas for our future house. We have a site already, however it is quite remote (surrounded by fields, nearest house is 2 fields away).

I'm looking for guidance on where to start basically! Can anyone direct me on the steps to take? We are completely new to this and I hear we might need soil testing and get someone out with regards to sorting utilities etc before we would apply for planning permission?

If anyone knows what we need to start with and what steps to take thereafter and a general idea of what cost would be we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks guys.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,583 ✭✭✭kkelliher

DougieCC wrote: »
    Hi there,

My husband and I are in the process of putting together ideas for our future house. We have a site already, however it is quite remote (surrounded by fields, nearest house is 2 fields away).

I'm looking for guidance on where to start basically! Can anyone direct me on the steps to take? We are completely new to this and I hear we might need soil testing and get someone out with regards to sorting utilities etc before we would apply for planning permission?

If anyone knows what we need to start with and what steps to take thereafter and a general idea of what cost would be we'd really appreciate it!

Thanks guys.

best place to start is a local architect who should be able to outline the process and likelyhood of planning

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,140 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

Dougie
    Don't duplicate your posts across different forums. Thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement