Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problems with Powerpoint/Keynote

Options
  • 04-07-2014 10:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I started a presentation on Powerpoint last month and saved it on my USB. Today I took it out again on my MacBook and entered Keynote by clicking on the file on my USB. I finished the presentation and cannot find it anywhere. I saved it to iCloud and it isn't there either. I still have the original but there are no changes on it. I'm nearly sure that this happened to me before and is really sickening considering that I spent from 7pm working on it!

Has anyone got any ideas as to what I should do or where it may be?

Thanks in advance :)
    D

Comments

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Anything under recently opened in Keynote?

Have you searched in Spotlight? Do you have a TimeMachine backup? Hourly backups could be stored locally.

• Registered Users Posts: 594 ✭✭✭d1234

Thanks for the reply. I had a look and can't find anything. Even worse my USB is on the way out... Haven't got Time Machine but have installed it now to prevent any such emergencies in the future!!

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 10,518 Mod ✭✭✭✭5uspect

Do you mean your turned TimeMachine on? You don't need to 'install' it, it's part of OS X.

Also have a look at recovery software like recuva for windows or the more sophisticated, cross platform PhotoRec to see if you can recover your USB.

Also, and I know you now know this, backups are important. Never work solely off a USB stick, keep local copies. Keep iCloud or DropBox copies too.

DropBox is very handy as it simply mirrors a folder on your machine.

Advertisement