Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Rubbish carol singers

Options
  • 04-07-2014 10:53pm

I know it's early but I had a bit of aggro last year. Two hopeless singers arrived at the door and my Mum answered and told them to go away. The next night they and a load others came to the door and my Mum (ignoring my requests to just not answer) went out again. There was an absolute load of them and when I heard them not taking no for an answer I went out to my Mum's aid. I kind of lost the head and called them 'knackers'.

Anyway two days later stones were hitting off our windows. It stopped soon after but I'm worried what will happen this year.

Is there any way to deter these messers this November? I was thinking of some sign but the way our house is situated is that the gate is not centred on the front door but at the right hand side. It gets so dark I'm not sure they'd see it.

The only thing I can think of is something to hang on the gate but that is not too obtrusive to stop genuine callers.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,363 ✭✭✭washiskin

Hmmm...the wording will be crucial here.... ;)

"At this festive time of year, a Christmas tune brings so much cheer,
    But if we deem your voices cr*p, upon this door you should not rap.

Please do not upset our day by making us tell you to go away,
    it really puts us off our pud to have to tell someone their singing's no good so
    Merry Christmas from all who reside here, please get some lessons in the coming New Year!"

• Registered Users Posts: 1,737 ✭✭✭Glitzgirl

washiskin wrote: »
    Hmmm...the wording will be crucial here.... ;)

"At this festive time of year, a Christmas tune brings so much cheer,
    But if we deem your voices cr*p, upon this door you should not rap.

Please do not upset our day by making us tell you to go away,
    it really puts us off our pud to have to tell someone their singing's no good so
    Merry Christmas from all who reside here, please get some lessons in the coming New Year!"

Haha! Festively cheerful, yet to the point! And creative .... Putting me to shame washiskin! I may have to "acquire " one of those from you ! ;)

Advertisement