Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Neo 80's, Synthwave, Outrun Electro, Dreamwave

Options
  • 05-07-2014 1:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭

I should probably put this in Electronic Music or Experimental but I'll let the mods decide that.

Just wondering are there any folks in Ireland listening this genre, which is basically "1980's-inspired music with modern fidelity". Some of the most well-known artists of this genre/sub-genre(s) are Lazerhawk, Com Truise, Perturbator, Power Glove, Bourgeoisie, Miami Nights 1984, Dynatron, and of course Kavinsky and Electric Youth who featured in the 2011 film Drive starring Ryan Gosling.

My 2 favourite artists not mentioned above would be Dance With The Dead and Droid Bishop.

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,204 ✭✭✭fiachr_a

Music like that is similar to the re-recorded Northern Soul stuff using the original singers but with modern studio technology. It's not as good.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,668 ✭✭✭nlgbbbblth

I have just discovered D/A/D [the alter ego of Zach Robinson]

http://dadmusic.bandcamp.com/

The album is called The Construct was released in late 2013.
    It sounds like it was recorded in 1983 or 1984 and "leaves you feeling nostalgic for the opening credits sequence of an action epic that never got made."

• Registered Users Posts: 107 ✭✭ShetlandViking

Two recent remixes by Dance With The Dead

Advertisement