Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Water coming up through footpath

Options
  • 05-07-2014 8:35am
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Hi.
    I noticed in the past few days that there is water coming up through a little black shore in the front of my house ( the shore where they installed the water meters)

I opened the shore and it is full to the top of water!

Any ideas on what could be wrong.

I checked the neighbours shores and they are empty.

Please assist. Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,467 ✭✭✭Tow

Call Kildare coco first. They will ascertain where the leak is. If it is at or before the meter they will fix it, between the meter and house they will claim it is your problem...

When is the money (including lost growth) Michael Noonan took in the Pension Levy going to be paid back?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,532 ✭✭✭delahuntv

Tow wrote: »
    Call Kildare coco first. They will ascertain where the leak is. If it is at or before the meter they will fix it, between the meter and house they will claim it is your problem...

NO.

Call Irish Water. If its a leak caused by meter installation they willl fx it free. If its a leak in the public side of the meter they will fix it free. If its a leak afetr the meter and on public land (e.g. not past your property boundary) it is fixed for free. If the leak is on your property it is also fixed for free, but subsequent leaks on your property are your own issue - and always has been. Just like if there was a issue with electrical wiring on your house.

Advertisement