Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Smartphone

Options
  • 05-07-2014 9:04am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭

Just bought a Lumia 630 from O2 for 79.99. Thing is a few friends didnt recommend it and reviews are iffy but it was so cheap i bought it. Its still in delivery stage so i have a 14 day cool off time. Can you guys tell me a better phone? The moto G is kinda expensive even sim free from amazon.de its 160 i think. The Kestrel phone got great reviews or huawei but i cant find a selling site for it? My m8s dont like the windows OS and i've only been android. Another thing i read about chinese sites that sell phones are they good or someone got links to any cheap sites like that?

Thanks guys

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭Back9bandit

I bought a Swees 5.0 inch phone from amazon. Delivered to my door for less than 90 euro. I had an S3 and the swees is just as good.
    • Android 4.2 with 1.3GHz MTK6572W, Dual-core processor and 512MB RAM + 4GB ROM
    • Support 2G network: GSM 850/900/1800/1900, Support 3G network: WCDMA 850/2100MHz
    • 5.0 inch large 5-point-touch capacitive screen with 854 X 480 pixels LCD screen resolution, provide more accurate colour performance.
    • Dual Cameras Rear 8.0MP Front 2.0MP, Huge 2280mAH battery
    • Supports APK format Android game and applications, such as Bebbled, Angry Birds, What's app, etc.
    Some of my friends have them and there are no complaints. Battery life is 48 hours which is great.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Windows Phone is a better phone. Its much simpler and faster to do lots of things. Like make a phone call things like that. I really like the speed of the OS. I think it works much better on a low end smart phone than android does.

But its lacks some features of Android, and it has less apps, and the apps are often not as good. Android is a better smarthphone. If you want to run 20 apps at once.

The 630 is a budget phone. But a great budget phone. The moto G is even better phone but its twice the price.

If you are a power user, and a bigger budget, and love all your apps, you'll prefer the Moto G. (wait for the 4G one). If you are not a power user, but want something that just works simply then you'll like the 630. But it worth spending a little time looking up how WP works to get the best out it , as its a little different to Android.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Oasis1974

Thanks for the that got the phone up and running really happy with it. Really fast and no real negatives still fancy the Moto G though. Really happy with the battery aswell so all in all decent phone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

This might help

http://www.wpcentral.com/7-tips-type-faster-windows-phone

BTW the WP central app is free for a day or so.

Advertisement