Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Apollo Astronaut Al Worden - Limerick - 16/17th September 2014

Options
  • 05-07-2014 10:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭

This isn't my event, but I said I'd post it for the organiser. Give you an early heads up.

Apollo astronaut Al Worden is being brought over in September for 2 events, the first is a lecture and the second is a dinner with him as special guest. You can have your photo taken with him and also get an item autographed.

All the details are being posted to this website. Being updated regularly.

http://www.sharelearninspire.com/

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,273 ✭✭✭emo72

i was hanging around the souvenir shop in nasa florida killing a few minutes when an astronaut comes in to do a signing session. i was expecting a shuttle astronaut. couldnt believe it when it was Al! got my photo taken with him and he signed his mission badge for me. score:pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 8,551 ✭✭✭Rubecula

emo72 wrote: »
    i was hanging around the souvenir shop in nasa florida killing a few minutes when an astronaut comes in to do a signing session. i was expecting a shuttle astronaut. couldnt believe it when it was Al! got my photo taken with him and he signed his mission badge for me. score:pac:

That is really something to protect and pass down through the family as an heirloom.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭thecommander

Going to be there both nights. Wouldn't miss it. Anyone else?

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Going to be there both nights. Wouldn't miss it. Anyone else?
    Mrs Beeker and my good Self also attending :)

I wish I could be there. You have no idea how much I wish that.

sadly health issues cause me to be here.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭Beeker

Rubecula wrote: »
    I wish I could be there. You have no idea how much I wish that.

sadly health issues cause me to be here.

Sad to hear that. Wishing you the best.

That is very kind of you Mr Beeker sir. I hope to be well in a couple of years :)

I hope to be well enough to travel long before that though :)

Seriously hope everyone who attends has a wonderful evening, with what I must admit, is a genuine hero of our times.

Right, roll call. Who's going?

Mrs Beeker and Myself on the 17th :)

• Registered Users Posts: 9,100 ✭✭✭squonk

Was there for the talk. What an absolutely fantastic guy. Forthright with his opinions and honest while managing to be both very funny and informative as well. It was a very special evening.

• Advertisement

squonk wrote: »
    Was there for the talk. What an absolutely fantastic guy. Forthright with his opinions and honest while managing to be both very funny and informative as well. It was a very special evening.

He was amazing, took him a few minutes to get up to full speed but then he took off. No stopping him. I'd say he could have gone on all night if let.

Advertisement