Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec S50

Options
  • 05-07-2014 12:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭

Wondering if someone would know how to wire an Astec S50 PIR ?
    It is an emergency replacement for an old Fox detector which has just failed. The Fox has the normal 6 connections - power , NC and tamper . The Astec is old and may not work . The power connections are obvious but cant see where to connect the NC and tamper. Is there something missing ?
    Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

makfli wrote: »
    Wondering if someone would know how to wire an Astec S50 PIR ?
    It is an emergency replacement for an old Fox detector which has just failed. The Fox has the normal 6 connections - power , NC and tamper . The Astec is old and may not work . The power connections are obvious but cant see where to connect the NC and tamper. Is there something missing ?
    Many thanks

These are only for the Astec 2 wire system.
    You would need a global PIR to add to your system.

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭makfli

Is there any way I can connect the Astech to my system and make it work ? Where could I purchase a global PIR ?
    Many thanks for your help.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

makfli wrote: »
    Is there any way I can connect the Astech to my system and make it work ? Where could I purchase a global PIR ?
    Many thanks for your help.

Have a look at the suppliers list. Any global PAR will do the job for you.

Advertisement