Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheapest way to ship a box from dublin to brighton

• 05-07-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭

i have recently moved to brighton and i have decided i want to get someone to send my sewing machine and some craft materials over to me here. so it would be a big enough box that i need to get.

i was wondering what would be the cheapest way to get it over here, i am going home in august so the heavier things can come back in my hand luggage!

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,178 CMod ✭✭✭✭ancapailldorcha

I'd suggest using a ferry with a car.

Hope you're enjoying Brighton.

The foreigner residing among you must be treated as your native-born. Love them as yourself, for you were foreigners in Egypt. I am the LORD your God.

Leviticus 19:34

• Registered Users Posts: 712 ✭✭✭Mean Laqueefa

I got my PC including monitor keyboard mouse and external HD and some bits and pieces shipped over to Kent. One large enough box dunno about the weight maybe 10kg but wasn't that light , the mother sorted it for me in the post office picked up at her door and arrived at mine in Kent 3 days later for 30 euro.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 grandpart

i would just use the post office... door to door, insured and safe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 731 ✭✭✭ene

just if anyone is wondering i used parcel motel- 16.50 per large box and arrived here in no time!

Advertisement