Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Tesla model S spotted in tallaght.

• 05-07-2014 12:55pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭

I saw a brown unregistered Tesla model S on the greenhills road Friday 4th July , probably heading to VRT , very impressive, sorry but I don't take pictures while driving.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 32 willynt

Bigus wrote: »
    I saw a brown unregistered Tesla model S on the greenhills road Friday 4th July , probably heading to VRT , very impressive, sorry but I don't take pictures while driving.
    Nice, must be Joe @MccEnergy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,239 ✭✭✭Lurching

How much would one of them set me back in Eire?

Lurching wrote: »
    How much would one of them set me back in Eire?
    No vrt for ev but 23% vat if it's new (< 6months or < 6000km)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭ei9go

willynt wrote: »
    No vrt for ev but 23% vat if it's new (< 6months or < 6000km)

I think the VRT is now on EV's but there is a discount which makes normal EV's free of VRT.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

Yes you get a 5000€ discount on the VRT (whether new or imported used). Other than that, same rules apply.
    Considering the value of these cars for now, even at the lowest tax band, it's still quite pricey to buy :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

Lutecia wrote: »
    Considering the value of these cars for now, even at the lowest tax band, it's still quite pricey to buy :(

In a few years depreciation will make them more affordable.

I hope Tesla will open shops and superchargers in Ireland soon. They have already started selling them in the UK so that's probably where it came from.

Sabre Man wrote: »
    In a few years depreciation will make them more affordable.

I hope Tesla will open shops and superchargers in Ireland soon. They have already started selling them in the UK so that's probably where it came from.
    Dublin, Belfast, cork and Galway already planned. Should be enough to cover the all island.
    Can't post link :(
    Search for Tesla uk supercharger on motortorque.com

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,049 ✭✭✭Cloud

• Registered Users Posts: 2,129 ✭✭✭Sesshoumaru

I didn't take this picture, just copied the URL from Irish EV Owners. Taken in Dalkey.

10364090_10201370578146744_5449593921595133775_n.jpg

Advertisement