Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Tour De France on ITV4

• 05-07-2014 2:01pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭

Yet again you wont show it on ITV4.

Im sure youll mention some nonsense about advertising but its on UTV HD at the moment 2pm and just before the end of Stage One at 3:45 its going to switch to ITV4 so I cant watch it.

Thanks so much

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

Yet again you wont show it on ITV4.

Im sure youll mention some nonsense about advertising but its on UTV HD at the moment 2pm and just before the end of Stage One at 3:45 its going to switch to ITV4 so I cant watch it.

Thanks so much

Not UPCs fault in the slightest, sorry.

Edit: Just watch the end on Eurosport.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,371 ✭✭✭acquiescefc

Morf wrote: »
    Not UPCs fault in the slightest, sorry.

Edit: Just watch the end on Eurosport.

Why? Its on UTV but in ITV4 its blocked, same every year.
    Surely theres a reason?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Welcome to the complex world of broadcasting rights..

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 11,879 Mod ✭✭✭✭icdg

All sport is blocked on ITV4. Every last bit of it. Irish rights holder or not. This seems to have been part of the deal to get the ITV Digital Channels back on UPC after they were off it for a while (during which, you'll recall, at one stage UPC told us that ITV were unwilling to do a deal at any price and it wasn't about money).

It's very annoying, as it means anything sold exclusively to ITV which gets shown on ITV4 only is "lost" to UPC Ireland viewers.

The most annoying aspect is that ITV decides to move an event to ITV(1) it becomes suddenly okay for us to watch it. The same highlights shows which are blocked on ITV4 are shown on ITV(1). Go figure. Of course, once UTV Ireland launches we're likely to lose even the stuff on ITV(1)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

Is it not on Eurosport?

I don't see your point really.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,251 ✭✭✭ftakeith

Is it not on Eurosport?

its on tg4 and eurosport

Is it not on Eurosport?

I tend to always watch/record the one hour highlights at 7pm during the week and I prefer the C4/ITV guys commentary as ive been watching it for years.
    Just always seem way more knowledgeable about the riders and route.

Seems ridiculous that it was switching channels for the last 45 mins due to WC and its still not available in ROI.

I doubt the ITV will be showing it during the week either once its left Blighty.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,822 ✭✭✭Morf

I tend to always watch/record the one hour highlights at 7pm during the week and I prefer the C4/ITV guys commentary as ive been watching it for years.
    Just always seem way more knowledgeable about the riders and route.

Seems ridiculous that it was switching channels for the last 45 mins due to WC and its still not available in ROI.

I doubt the ITV will be showing it during the week either once its left Blighty.

And yet none of this is UPC's fault still . . .

Morf wrote: »
    And yet none of this is UPC's fault still . . .

And yet no-one has explained why.

It's because all sport is blocked on ITV4. Why is all sport blocked on ITV4?

No one outside of ITV and UPC knows the exact answer, we can only speculate based on our public knowledge of the chain of events that led to all sport being blocked on ITV4. But no one here can give you the real answer.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Only learnt this weekend that all sport on ITV4 is blocked through UPC. Currently have freesat were it shows fine, but was considering going to UPC in the future, that's them ruled out then so. Is it blocked if you have Sky without a sports package?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,309 ✭✭✭former legend

And yet no-one has explained why.

Sports rights cost money. UPC subscribers want ITV4 but would not be willing to pay 1 cent extra on their bill for it.

I cannot think of one sporting event that we have missed out on because of this so it's not a big deal.

Mint Sauce wrote: »
    Is it blocked if you have Sky without a sports package?

The SD version is FTA so nothing is blocked. However it is not on the Sky EPG which means it must be manually tuned in and you cannot record anything using Sky+

Advertisement