Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

people who like to sing

Options
  • 05-07-2014 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9

Hi can anyone tell me is there anywhere someone can join a group of singers in the Tralee area, and just enjoy singing. Not really overly performance based and no expensive membership costs.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 363 ✭✭Stressica

following

• Registered Users Posts: 4,080 ✭✭✭sheesh

kerry choral union!!!!
    http://kcu.ie/ or facebook

there is a ukelele orchesta, which sounds like alot of fun

there is tralee musical society.

alot of these really start up during the autumn.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 purplenia

Thanks Sheesh
    I know about the choral union the member ship fee and lotto fees are a bit steep for me at the moment.
    what is ukelele orchestra? I assume more about playing the instrument and not singing group?
    Musical society ?

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Regional South Moderators Posts: 9,360 Mod ✭✭✭✭Ciarrai76

purplenia wrote: »
    Thanks Sheesh
    I know about the choral union the member ship fee and lotto fees are a bit steep for me at the moment.
    what is ukelele orchestra? I assume more about playing the instrument and not singing group?
    Musical society ?

Tralee Musical Society are an amateur drama group who put on a few musicals during the year. https://www.facebook.com/pages/Tralee-Musical-Society-Offical-Page/294462868585?fref=ts

there is (or was) a folk group who used to sing in St. Brendan's church for mass. I loved listening to them growing up and joined briefly as a young teen, although I didn't last long as I had no confidence. I don't know if they are still going, but Eddie Bailey was the main contact and I think still plays with them. Maybe someone else might have more details?

Thanks Ciarrai76 very kind of you to give me such detail. I am hoping for a simple singing group . I'm not a tall interested in drama. So the musical society is not for me.
    Nor is the folk group as I am not looking to sing in a church group.
    thanks so much for your kind response.

does anyone else know of any group where singers get get together and enjoy the melody of voice.

• Advertisement

Thanks Sheesh
    Musical society ?

is it? you could spread it out over the year if it was a problem. i know it has come down as we reduced the number of concerts we do thereby reducing the insurance cost which is the main reason for the cost. there are a couple of other choirs in tralee and the surrounding area. there was a gospel choir in Ardfert I'm wondering is it still on the go.

Tralee Musical society are a fun group of people I did titanic with them a number of years ago (an amazing experience!) they are very good at what they do.

sheesh wrote: »
    is it? you could spread it out over the year if it was a problem. i know it has come down as we reduced the number of concerts we do thereby reducing the insurance cost which is the main reason for the cost. there are a couple of other choirs in tralee and the surrounding area. there was a gospel choir in Ardfert I'm wondering is it still on the go.

Tralee Musical society are a fun group of people I did titanic with them a number of years ago (an amazing experience!) they are very good at what they do.

Thanks sheesh

Thanks so much for your help. It is great that you enjoyed these, with out being impolite I don't know how to say what you are suggesting is not for me, with out making it sound offensive so ill just put cards on table. I am soprano and have enjoyed choirs in the past. but for me currently that is in the past. (I am currently disabled and don't wish to be accommodated in a performance being the only seated performer. That is not a poor me by the way. | would just love anew way of doing something I love ) And I don't see how I could be in a stage performance of titanic, or other production. I am just looking for a simple group of singers who like to casually get together and enjoy singing and maybe preform in a casual way. Does this exist? would so love it if there was.

fair enough there might be something in bettys on a friday night the school of music crowd gather there.

thanks sheesh.

Where is Bettys? Do you have contact details ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,009 ✭✭✭umop.episdn

thanks sheesh.

Bettys is a bar in Strand st, past Tralee Gas Supplies if you know where that is?

• Advertisement

thanks sheesh.

As above I suppose turn up and talk to people. Never been myself but someone in the ukelele orchestra mentioned it to me. I'm sure there are people just calling to each others houses and doing things but you just have to find the right people.good luck.

Advertisement