Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So I've converted to Satanism...

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,159 ✭✭✭frag420

catallus wrote: »
    There's always something to be said for having another mass.

Do tell....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,106 ✭✭✭catallus

I'm glad you asked.

If the OP is serious about dedicating his life to the Dark Lord, aka the Father of Lies, then another mass would be needed to protect the faith of his fellow lunatics. There would also be the benefit of letting the local bishop know what's afoot.

These are serious considerations, not to be taken lightly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,139 ✭✭✭westernfrenzy

ALL HAIL THE MIGHTY SANTA!!!

HAIL!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,056 ✭✭✭_Redzer_

frag420 wrote: »
    Is there anything to be said about having another mass??

Down with that sort of thing

• Closed Accounts Posts: 559 ✭✭✭urabell

This a a proud catholic forum in a proud catholic country, amen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,336 ✭✭✭wendell borton

FYP
    There's always something to be said for having another black mass.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Theres an old saying, better the devil you know than the devil you dont..

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

HAIL!

TO THE HAMMER!!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,370 ✭✭✭✭Son Of A Vidic

FYP
    There's always something to be said for having another black mass.

So I hear you're a racist now wendell.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭Adamantium

If there is a God and he uses an accounting system, we're all satanists.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,537 ✭✭✭Arthur Beesley

OP, does that involve giving up pork and alcohol?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,436 ✭✭✭c_man

What if the being everybody on Earth thinks is God, is actually the Devil. And the Devil is actually the real God. Would that be the kinda thing you're after OP?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,218 ✭✭✭Lucifer MorningStar

I've decided that I will let my brain rule from now on, so Satan is my God.

It's the only religion I've ever found that lists Individualism and Pride as primary aspects of their belief system, two things which I believe are vital to leading a happy life. I mean, what's not to like? Why should I let my natural urges (within the law) be oppressed by an old book? It's a religion which strives for progression and advancement instead of backwards thinking and dogma.

What do you think AH? I've never actually been able to discuss this topic in a mature manner before... Here's hoping this is the first time! :):p

Good for you man, I'm the way to go...

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

There really is a lot to be said for being an atheist.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,928 ✭✭✭Hotfail.com

OP, does that involve giving up pork and alcohol?

It involves having more! ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,089 ✭✭✭SeanW

See, the whole point is lack of worship! I believe that my brain should be able to tell me what I can do with my life instead of being led by the Bible or a similar old book :)
    Umm ... you do realise that this is exactly what you are doing? Satan is a part of all Abrahamic faiths. You've just picked the "bad guy" from the Bible and decided to worship him instead.

It involves having more! ;)

Interesting!

Any more perks with this package? You've piqued my curiosity.

If there's anything along the lines of boobies I might consider joining your group.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,305 ✭✭✭Cantremember

One made up entity replacing another. Good move, give the oul Flying Spaghetti Monster a turn soon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,894 ✭✭✭UCDVet

False Dilemma
    is a type of informal fallacy that involves a situation in which limited alternatives are considered, when in fact there is at least one additional option.

Picking Satanism because it's the religion that makes 'the most' sense is a mistake. You are presuming that all possible belief systems are captured by current religions and that one of them must be correct.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭LordNorbury

I heard the initiation ceremony can be quite a pleasant experience lol!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 504 ✭✭✭Zed Bank

You can't convert to Satanism. You we're a satanist all along and didn't know it. Satanists are born not made.

I suggest you read "the satanic bible" and the "satanic scriptures" before you commit rather than just what you can read on the internet. The information is great but it doesn't give you a comprehensive look at the philosophy.

Satanism is a very misunderstood religion and there is alot of prejudice out there so I wouldnt wear your satanic commitment on your sleeve.

Good luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,118 ✭✭✭job seeker

• Registered Users Posts: 66 ✭✭WilliamMelmoth

I was a Satanist for many years and still find it intriguing. It takes guts to align yourself with a symbol of cosmic rebellion. Take pride in your decision and live vitally.

Advertisement