Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best data only plan for a tablet?

• 05-07-2014 3:48pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,799 ✭✭✭

I was wondering what the cheapest data only plan for light to moderate usage on my tablet is? It does not need to make calls, just receive 3G or 4G mobile data. I am interested in bill pay or pay as you go.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,668 ✭✭✭Zimmerframe

Light use:
    Tesco €15 PAYG - 3 gb Total (valid for 3 months)

so if a gig per month is enough for you, it works out at €5 a month, that's hard to beat.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,157 ✭✭✭srsly78

Just tether to your phone, no additional cost is incurred then.

• Registered Users Posts: 12 jeemy

Hi
    Tesco mobile is xcellent I use the €15 for 15Gb for 30 days payg I watch all th football and movies and with the midi router €49 there is nearly no disruption tried all th rest and this is best one yet or as said you can have €15 for 3Gb for 3 months try first if it doesn't suit then change to the other.
    Only bit of warning if you are tethering to your phone it will work no bother but as your tablet/laptop downloads more data and faster than your phone (different device) then it will use much more data even for light usage you would need more than 1Gb a month and if movies you would need unlimited data where as with a dedicated data sim you wouldn't.
    If you didnt want the xpense of the midi router €49 you can use a 'dongle' it has to be unlocked as Tesco don't supply them and I don't know why but the router is excellent and if you are in a 4g area then buy a 4g one as even tho maybe a bit early it will save you when it does come in all over (still works with 3g). Sorry spelling using my phone do this.
    G.luck

Advertisement