Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Faint line on one test but clearblue digital negative???

Options
  • 05-07-2014 5:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭

Hi all, the title says it all really! Bought 'Suresign' brand of pregnancy test today and there is a very faint line on it. To be certain I bought the more expensive clearblue digital which says 'Not pregnant'. My head is wrecked now, I have all the symptoms and did do the clearblue after a coffee and have had very little to eat all day. Any advice anyone??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,154 ✭✭✭Dolbert

Clearblue aren't actually that sensitive despite the price! First Response are very sensitive as are the tests from Dealz. Try again in the morning, they say a line is a line!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭orchidsrpretty

Agree with dolbert. Clear blue are one of the least sensitive tests out there. unless you read your test after the specified time limit, you can get evaporation lines, especially if the test uses blue dye.

Otherwise, congratulations! No matter how faint, a line is a line!

• Registered Users Posts: 166,026 ✭✭✭✭LegacyUser

The clear blue tests are dreadful OP - First Response are so much better. Even a faint line is a line..... so congrats on your good news!!

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

I disagree about cb digital, have always found them the most accurate. It sounds like you didn't use fmu (first morning urine) though? If it's early days you need to in order to get an accurate result.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

I always got my positives on cheap tests from boots Dunne's and euro giant.. I never used clear blue until I was 5 weeks or more and it was just to see it in words.. The ones I used first are like E1.50 -E2 so maybe try them

• Advertisement

lollpop wrote: »
    I disagree about cb digital, have always found them the most accurate. It sounds like you didn't use fmu (first morning urine) though? If it's early days you need to in order to get an accurate result.

It's not really a matter of agreeing/disagreeing, they require a higher concentration of HGC to get a reading than some others. The main advantage of them is they give a clear yes/no response so you're not getting 'line eyes'

For example

First Response Early Result - 12.5 mIU
    Dealz Own Brand - 20 mIU
    Tesco Own Brand - 25 mIU
    Boots Own Brand - 50 mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50 mIU

• Registered Users Posts: 159 ✭✭lollpop

Dolbert wrote: »
    It's not really a matter of agreeing/disagreeing, they require a higher concentration of HGC to get a reading than some others. The main advantage of them is they give a clear yes/no response so you're not getting 'line eyes'

For example

First Response Early Result - 12.5 mIU
    Dealz Own Brand - 20 mIU
    Tesco Own Brand - 25 mIU
    Boots Own Brand - 50 mIU
    Clearblue Digital - 50 mIU

They are old values. Clearblue don't publish them anymore.
    I can only speak from my own experience but I had a positive on a CB digital with a HCG level of 11 (had a blood test 40 mins after i did the test). I had a negative on a first response done at the same time. In fact, every time i've had a positive CB digital, i've had a negative first response one so from my experience, the CB digitals have been much more sensitive.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

lollpop wrote: »
    They are old values. Clearblue don't publish them anymore.
    I can only speak from my own experience but I had a positive on a CB digital with a HCG level of 11 (had a blood test 40 mins after i did the test). I had a negative on a first response done at the same time. In fact, every time i've had a positive CB digital, i've had a negative first response one so from my experience, the CB digitals have been much more sensitive.

I received a negative on First Response, three positives on the Dealz brands and the following morning with second go of urine I got a positive CB Digital!

• Registered Users Posts: 80 ✭✭corriefan

Hi, thank you all for your replies.

I am in fact pregnant, and delighted! The second CB digital was positive after I left a gap between taking the first one. I also tried the Dealz brand and it came up straight away. Well worth getting as the other brands can be very expensive, especially when you are trying and keep checking!

Thanks for all the advice :)

• Registered Users Posts: 248 ✭✭freida

Congratulations!

• Advertisement

Congrats corriefan!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,773 ✭✭✭Synyster Shadow

Congrats...!!

Advertisement