Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Farmers Market, Maynooth

Options
  • 05-07-2014 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,053 ✭✭✭

I was looking at a list of farmers markets in and around the dublin area. I had spotted that there was one in Maynooth on saturday mornings. Went to check it out with no sign of it anywhere today.

Could anyone tell me if it is still taking place there as i was well disappointed to see it wasn't in the location it had specified.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 273 ✭✭Rathkenny

There's usually one in the square every Saturday but now that you mention it, I didn't notice it yesterday. I don't know what's going on there.

There's also a new one down outside Tesco every Saturday. It seems to be getting an extra stall every couple of weeks and there were about 6 or 7 there yesterday.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,983 ✭✭✭Raminahobbin

Glad to hear the Tesco one is slowly expanding- I was at it a few weeks ago and there were only two stalls. Bit strange to identify itself as a "Farmer's Market" with only a couple of stalls.

Also, maybe it's just cynical old me...but apart from the good PR I assume they're hoping to drum up, what do Tesco's get out of having rival produce on their doorstep?? Seems odd.

Advertisement