Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Just got my A learner permit but...

• 05-07-2014 6:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭

Just got sent out my learner permit for cat A, happy days! :) But, I'v had a full B license for the car for nearly 10 years which has now disappeared from the back. So I don't have a car license right now! Has anyone else been in this situation? I guess I have to go down to the NDLS centre, again, and try and sort this out. Or am I missing something obvious here?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,930 ✭✭✭✭challengemaster

You should have 2 separate licenses - they both can't be on the same one, because of the colour coding for learner permits/full licenses.

You should have your new learner permit, and your old pink license.

When you get your full A, it will be added to the pink license which will show all categories you hold a full license for

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 906 ✭✭✭FuzzyWuzzyWazza

When I went down to get my A permit I had to bring my full B. They took it and sent me out a new plastic B, same expiry as my paper one, and the A learner permit. So you probably are just waiting on the other one in the post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,292 ✭✭✭SouthTippBass

Aaaahhh ok, thanks guys :) Yes, they took in my full B when I went down, so I guess I'm waiting for them to send back out my B. Well, that clears that up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,381 ✭✭✭✭Paulw

Just curious - how long does it take to get your old full license back?

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Mr Sheen!

Aaaahhh ok, thanks guys :) Yes, they took in my full B when I went down, so I guess I'm waiting for them to send back out my B. Well, that clears that up.

If you got your permit sent out and your original full B was not included I would contact them ASAP. I would imagine they are sent out together so I would be worried.

It is a very important document so follow it up straight away.

• Advertisement
Advertisement