Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

POS Transactions

Options
  • 05-07-2014 8:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭

Hi I've had 3 pos transactions on my account the past 3 months on 26th of month for 14.99 with the narrative 'dvd rentals', boi were unable to help me. I'm at a loss as to what it is, all my direct debits are normal and I never buy online I can't remember the last time I used my card number or disclosed it to anyone. Has anyone come across such a transaction I'm flummoxed! Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Hi I've had 3 pos transactions on my account the past 3 months on 26th of month for 14.99 with the narrative 'dvd rentals', boi were unable to help me. I'm at a loss as to what it is, all my direct debits are normal and I never buy online I can't remember the last time I used my card number or disclosed it to anyone. Has anyone come across such a transaction I'm flummoxed! Thanks.

I think POS is point of sale. Have you used your debit card to pay for something in a shop?

• Registered Users Posts: 498 ✭✭Graciefacey

bee06 wrote: »
    I think POS is point of sale. Have you used your debit card to pay for something in a shop?

No, I work in a bank so this is why I'm so confused I keep track of everything my bank ac is very clean. Just realised I bought a tv in Harvey Norman before Xmas which included 6 months free DVD rentals from screenclick which I never used, I wonder have Harvey Norman passed on my details without my consent to screenclick even though I never availed of this?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,115 ✭✭✭✭Nervous Wreck

No, I work in a bank so this is why I'm so confused I keep track of everything my bank ac is very clean. Just realised I bought a tv in Harvey Norman before Xmas which included 6 months free DVD rentals from screenclick which I never used, I wonder have Harvey Norman passed on my details without my consent to screenclick even though I never availed of this?

If you signed (or ticked a box or anything) something to get "6 months free" anything, you can be certain that the T&Cs will state that, unless you cancel this in advance of the 6 months coming to an end, the subscription will remain and you will be charged.

If you signed (or ticked a box or anything) something to get "6 months free" anything, you can be certain that the T&Cs will state that, unless you cancel this in advance of the 6 months coming to an end, the subscription will remain and you will be charged.

I never even used the voucher, my only card transaction was to pay for the tv with my card. Surely this is a data Protection breach if Harvey Norman have passed on my card details without my knowledge or consent?

I never even used the voucher, my only card transaction was to pay for the tv with my card. Surely this is a data Protection breach if Harvey Norman have passed on my card details without my knowledge or consent?

The key word is 'if'. Dig out whatever you signed or anything to do with the TV and have a read of it first. Also, contact the company asap to cancel the subscription.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,514 ✭✭✭bee06

Screenclick do have a package for 14.99 so it sounds like that could be it. If you google screenclick Harvey Norman you get a registration page that you need to register with to avail though so it doesn't seem like the normal process is the store set it up.

bee06 wrote: »
    Screenclick do have a package for 14.99 so it sounds like that could be it. If you google screenclick Harvey Norman you get a registration page that you need to register with to avail though so it doesn't seem like the normal process is the store set it up.
    Ya its very odd, I threw voucher in the bin because I'm a Netflix customer and have no need or interest in screenclick. First stop is to cancel my card!

Ya its very odd, I threw voucher in the bin because I'm a Netflix customer and have no need or interest in screenclick. First stop is to cancel my card!

Cancelling your card doesn't guarantee the subscription will stop.

Cancelling your card doesn't guarantee the subscription will stop.

Its a POS transaction from my card, I've emailed both parties for an explanation and refund, getting a new card will stop unauthorised POS transactions debuting my account. Thanks everyone

Its a POS transaction from my card, I've emailed both parties for an explanation and refund, getting a new card will stop unauthorised POS transactions debuting my account. Thanks everyone

If it's a subscription, it can transfer to your next card, depending on the company operating the subscription. It's not a regular occurrence but it can be done. Fair warning.

• Advertisement
Advertisement