Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anon posting

Options
  • 05-07-2014 9:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Is there any way to post anonymously whilst posting from a work computer. It says I cant due to my ip address. I'm in Ireland but my company is American and I believe connected to American networks or something like that. I'm no whiz kid

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

The IP address has no involvement in anon posting.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭lighterman

Show Threads Show Posts
    Tag SearchAdvanced SearchFind All Thanked Posts
    Copy and pasted
    Go to Page...

Boards.ie Message
    You do not have permission to post anonymously in this forum because the country you're trying to post from has been blocked due to spam.

Anonymous posting is available from Ireland and UK IP addresses only.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,312 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Ah, you're being caught by the spam filter.

Then you'll need to arrange an Irish or British IP, by using a proxy or VPN with Irish or British addresses.

Spear wrote: »
    Ah, you're being caught by the spam filter.

Then you'll need to arrange an Irish or British IP, by using a proxy or VPN with Irish or British addresses.

I'd have more chance understanding Chinese written backwards than understanding the above.:D

Can I post anon from the work comp.I have no access to wires, modems etc

You'd need to alter the settings of the PC, and since it's a work computer you probably aren't allowed to do so. You could use the phone version of the site instead, that should come from an Irish IP.

• Advertisement

Spear wrote: »
    You'd need to alter the settings of the PC, and since it's a work computer you probably aren't allowed to do so. You could use the phone version of the site instead, that should come from an Irish IP.

no prob.thanks

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement