Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

moving to Waterford city...

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 395 ✭✭tramoreman77

What course are you thinking of doing

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭AnneSam

Wow that's kind of ideal, does it matter that its lower than the rent allowance??

A healthcare on in wcfe

• Registered Users Posts: 9,624 ✭✭✭wmpdd3

Highly recommend the last place there, I live in Ferrybank, there are 2 creches within 2 min walk.

Library and post office 2 mins away too. The bus stops across from the church and goes to town, you walk from the Tower hotel 1 block to the CTI. (WCFE)

It does't matter if you rent is below, but you still have to pay €35 for you and something for your toddler, sorry cant remember how much, so if its less then they give you less to make up the total amount.

The only issue I can see s storage heaters, could be expensive for electricity.

Bumblebees and Ferryfun are the 2 creches.

Storage heaters??

• Advertisement

Yeah, they look like fat radiators but they are electric. you set them to come on during the night and then keep the heat in all day.

the electricity will be cheaper during the night because you will have a day/night meter. if you switch then on during the day, they cost a bomb and take ages to get hot.

they will effect your bill either way, best heading is gas in my opinion, but most flats have these heaters.

in terms of traffic and getting to cti and a hotel job, Adelphi quay may your best bet.

You're not the first to mention Adelphi Quay!! The only place there in my price range right now looks a little teeny though for the price!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,019 ✭✭✭ei9go

Parking is a problem in Maritana Gate because it's 1200 extra a year

Look at the infirmary, secure free parking and close to everything.

1200 a year for parking! Thats crazy!

My friend lived in the apts behind the infirmary and they were fine, obviously a ground floor one would be better as the windows open out. You pay €50 for the fob for the gate so you can get in and out, I think you get that back when you leave.

They were on the RAS scheme over there, it different to rent allowance. Its 5 mins walk into town and CTI and the supermarket are really close. Good few creches around there too.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 533 ✭✭✭Ericaa

I'm living in the apartments in Gracedieu at the moment, I wouldn't recommend them!

Really why so???

Well first of all, half of the building is unfinished.
    The level of anti social behaviour is horrible here. There's constantly kids in messing with the elevator which is a pain in the ass for me because I'm on the 3rd level and always have a pram with me.
    There is nothing in the surrounding area here, it's a 25 minute walk to the closest shop. There's nowhere in the close vicinity to take my son to play.
    Cars are constantly vandalised in the car park.
    The management company is utterly useless. Nothing ever gets fixed unless someone who lives here fixes it themselves.

That's all I can think of for now!
    My apartment is so damn beautiful though :( I'll be sad to leave it but it's just not worth the cons...

Ericaa wrote: »
    Well first of all, half of the building is unfinished.
    The level of anti social behaviour is horrible here. There's constantly kids in messing with the elevator which is a pain in the ass for me because I'm on the 3rd level and always have a pram with me.
    There is nothing in the surrounding area here, it's a 25 minute walk to the closest shop. There's nowhere in the close vicinity to take my son to play.
    Cars are constantly vandalised in the car park.
    The management company is utterly useless. Nothing ever gets fixed unless someone who lives here fixes it themselves.

That's all I can think of for now!
    My apartment is so damn beautiful though :( I'll be sad to leave it but it's just not worth the cons...

oh god that's terrible!! Thank you very much for the heads up! That's brutal for you though, hopefully you'll find somewhere better soon :)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,429 ✭✭✭✭looksee

Just be aware that you will not be able to park in WCFE, so you could potentially be adding the cost of daily parking to your expenses.

Where's nearby to park then??

• Registered Users Posts: 972 ✭✭✭Digital Society

Railway Square.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,427 ✭✭✭mooseknunkle

AnneSam wrote: »
    Where's nearby to park then??

The infirmary apartments are a 2 minute walk to the park

• Registered Users Posts: 130 ✭✭1moo345

Ericaa wrote: »
    I'm living in the apartments in Gracedieu at the moment, I wouldn't recommend them!

Just wondering which apts they are? I am living in town recently got broken into and just really want to move somewhere safer....was thinking gracedieu would be better but obviously wrong :(

1moo345 wrote: »
    Just wondering which apts they are? I am living in town recently got broken into and just really want to move somewhere safer....was thinking gracedieu would be better but obviously wrong :(

that's terrible, sorry to hear!!

• Advertisement

if you are driving to school there are a few places you can park for 15 Euro per week. but off you lived in the infirmary, you could walk to college.

• Registered Users Posts: 126 ✭✭saintchrisburg

wmpdd3 wrote: »
    if you are driving to school there are a few places you can park for 15 Euro per week. but off you lived in the infirmary, you could walk to college.

Could also do the long-term parking at the railway station, it's 10/week, even cheaper if you do it monthly. Was leaving my car there during the week for a number of weeks, and never had any trouble.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,770 ✭✭✭shockwave

Theres a car park at the back of the Wander Inn pub, the owner charges €10 a week to park there and its just around the corner.

1moo345 wrote:
    Just wondering which apts they are? I am living in town recently got broken into and just really want to move somewhere safer....was thinking gracedieu would be better but obviously wrong 

Sorry, only saw this now!
    Mount Suir Manor is where I am.
    I had a friend who lived in the apartments in Carn Glas just around the corner from me, he never had a problem there, maybe it's worth looking into?
    Sorry to hear your situation :/

• Registered Users Posts: 7 vikkimcasey

Hi All,

Just wondering if those of you looking for new place in waterford city found one. I have one that will be up for rent mid sept. It located near the peoples park. Its our 1st time letting it out so all new furniture. Rent Allowance also accepted. Rent €450 per month. 2 double bedroom. are if you know anyone interested please let me know 0871218063.

Advertisement