Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Evo All Nighter XGC July 13/14th

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Naphiel wrote: »
    The first link there is a really old schedule to give people a general idea.

Updated stream schedule uploaded:

http://shoryuken.com/2014/07/07/heres-your-full-evo-stream-schedule-powered-by-team-spooky-ipw-and-capcom-fighters/

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

No
    I'll be in. I'll bring SSFIV: AE, along with a USB stick with Ultra for X360.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭Simon_K

No
    Should we bring consoles/games?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,022 ✭✭✭Naphiel

No
    Games yes.
    Consoles shouldn't be necessary. If you want to play Ultra, bring your profile on a USB stick with the game and dlc. If you don't have this, it couldn't hurt for one or two people to bring a console with Ultra. There's only one (maybe 2) with it in the XGC.

No
    I've got a ps3 disc with AE, and I could log in on my PSN profile and download AE on one of the consoles...or just bring my own ps3.

• Advertisement

No
    Not all of the PS3s there are connected to the internet and it could take awhile to download. Its up to you whether you want to or not.

• Registered Users Posts: 195 ✭✭Junsuina Chikara

No
    So what time roughly will everyone be heading into XGC? As I'm coming for Donegal, it kind of makes a difference what time people are coming in, as to what bus I come on. It takes 4 hours to get to Dublin so I could either take the 11:20 bus and be there for 3:30 (10 minute walk from Busaras to XGC) or 1:20 bus and be there for 5:30. Also, since we'll be in for the night, does everyone just make a massive food order at some point in the night from wherever or shall I just sort myself out when I get to Dublin?

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No
    So what time roughly will everyone be heading into XGC? As I'm coming for Donegal, it kind of makes a difference what time people are coming in, as to what bus I come on. It takes 4 hours to get to Dublin so I could either take the 11:20 bus and be there for 3:30 (10 minute walk from Busaras to XGC) or 1:20 bus and be there for 5:30. Also, since we'll be in for the night, does everyone just make a massive food order at some point in the night from wherever or shall I just sort myself out when I get to Dublin?

I wouldn't come to Dublin that early unless you're meeting up with someone. People usually don't show up till 7 or 8. For food pizza places are open till at least 1 in town.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I'll probably be leaving around 10:30, unfortunately, since I have to work. So I wouldn't mind heading over any time in the afternoon for some matches- anyone going to be around?

No
    I won't personally be showing up till 8 or 9. I want to catch all of BB first. Also, there's nothing to stop people heading in earlier if they want to, but people will have to take out consoles with their own money. For people who don't usually attend casuals, its a €20 deposit and a rate of €2.50 an hour.

If you can help it, I wouldn't show up too early. We have the place all night so you'll get plenty of chances to play games.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    I'll bring my PS3.

No
    Sweet, I won't bring mine then

• Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Nutrient

No
    I'll be there 6:00ish with XBO/ki, marvel, 2 ssf4s, usf4

BRING GAMES, don't expect others to bring games, you'll be disappointed

• Registered Users Posts: 547 ✭✭✭ladnopoka

No
    Don't think I'll be going to this... got work the next morning and it didn't end up good last year when I did it before work too :P

• Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 25,868 Mod ✭✭✭✭Doctor DooM

No
    ladnopoka wrote: »
    Don't think I'll be going to this... got work the next morning and it didn't end up good last year when I did it before work too :P

Too scurred

No
    Yo, when are people heading in for this?

I can be there pretty much any time from 5.30, but I don't have my stick or games as I am an idiot and gave them to AJ to bring back home.

I dont mind chilling but I don't want to do it on my own :)

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭Jun_DP101

No

No
    Probably in for around 8:30.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,707 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

No
    8-ish for me.

• Registered Users Posts: 212 ✭✭Constant Markievicz

I'll be in before 6:30

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

No
    I would like to be there for Killer Instinct if the stream is already set up by then (on the schedule it says KI starts at 11am pst which is like 7pm here). If its too early then I'll come around when its done.

Also would it be possible to set up a World Cup finals stream?

Important note
    Just a suggestion from my experience of my previous 2 Evo All Nighters.

for those planning to come
    1. Take a shower/wash up before coming
    2. Wear summer gear like Tshirt/shorts/loose comfortable clothing

when 20+ guys gather in the XGC for a whole night the room is going to heat up and the air conditioning won't help us much. the windows are also sealed shut so we can't open them. we don't want the place to reek of 20 guys B.O through out the 10-15 hours there.

No
    2gen wrote: »
    I would like to be there for Killer Instinct if the stream is already set up by then (on the schedule it says KI starts at 11am pst which is like 7pm here). If its too early then I'll come around when its done.

Also would it be possible to set up a World Cup finals stream?

Important note
    Just a suggestion from my experience of my previous 2 Evo All Nighters.

for those planning to come
    1. Take a shower/wash up before coming
    2. Wear summer gear like Tshirt/shorts/loose comfortable clothing

when 20+ guys gather in the XGC for a whole night the room is going to heat up and the air conditioning won't help us much. the windows are also sealed shut so we can't open them. we don't want the place to reek of 20 guys B.O through out the 10-15 hours there.

I can make sure to be there for 7. We might need to pay for a set up but I don't mind doing so as I enjoy watching any FG (besides Tekken, obviously).

I can only set up one stream. It's POSSIBLE if someone else brings a comp I could get the world cup running, but I don't know what time we officially start at so we might need to pay for that too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,006 ✭✭✭Ramza

2gen wrote: »
    the windows are also sealed shut so we can't open them

Unless you're Doom :cool:

No
    Ramza wrote: »
    Unless you're Doom :cool:

Doom windows 10-0 match up.

No
    Uh guys just thinking about it- probably wouldn't want to leave getting in too late. World cup Final is on at 8...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,017 ✭✭✭2gen

No
    I can make sure to be there for 7. We might need to pay for a set up but I don't mind doing so as I enjoy watching any FG (besides Tekken, obviously).

I can only set up one stream. It's POSSIBLE if someone else brings a comp I could get the world cup running, but I don't know what time we officially start at so we might need to pay for that too.

cool im on my way now. I can't bring my own laptop since im already carrying a lot (2 sticks) and the wifu needs to use it for some study.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,239 ✭✭✭UberPrinny_Baal

No
    Panorama shot of the evening, courtesy of my friend Mark

Evoovernighterpanorama_zps89c340ae.jpeg

Advertisement