Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Claiming an Adult Dependent

• 05-07-2014 10:59pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 20

Hello all..

I was wondering about claiming for an Adult dependent.

I'm hoping to go to College this year in cork but I, nor my family can afford any accommodation, food, bills, etc.

Me and my boyfriend will be moving in together next month.I will be 18 in September. Can he claim for an adult dependent on my behalf while he is attending FAS and receiving the back to education allowance?

He would be receiving 160 euro from the BTEA, and I wouldn't be receiving anything.

Thanks in advance!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,737 ✭✭✭Bepolite

Welcome to boards!

There is a Benefits discussion forum that might yield more replies. You may want to ask a moderator to move your post. You can do this by reporting your own post. (The ! in a triangle).

I would look to work part-time and undertake your course part time. Speak to the various educational institutions about what financial assistance is available.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20 amme321

Thank you!

Advertisement