Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Astec 63 alarm in apt, flashing fault and battery - no idea of codes

Options
  • 06-07-2014 1:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 196 ✭✭

Hi there

I moved into this place in Dublin a while back and it came with an Astec 63 Alarm and it's only now I thought of using it.

The most interaction I got with it is pressing clear followed by asking for a code and entering default codes (4711 or 1174) with no response except for maybe the existing codes are 6 digits?

Also it keeps flashing Fault and Battery so I'm thinking the battery is dead in it. I would go and replace it but I'm afraid if I tamper with the control box, the alarm will sound and I wouldn't be able to shut it off.

Does anyone know if the manufacturers code would work if entered in this model I can give the name of the alarm company if someone has the code for it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,717 ✭✭✭✭altor

dragon5678 wrote: »
    Hi there

I moved into this place in Dublin a while back and it came with an Astec 63 Alarm and it's only now I thought of using it.

The most interaction I got with it is pressing clear followed by asking for a code and entering default codes (4711 or 1174) with no response except for maybe the existing codes are 6 digits?

Also it keeps flashing Fault and Battery so I'm thinking the battery is dead in it. I would go and replace it but I'm afraid if I tamper with the control box, the alarm will sound and I wouldn't be able to shut it off.

Does anyone know if the manufacturers code would work if entered in this model I can give the name of the alarm company if someone has the code for it?

Any help would be greatly appreciated

They are the default codes. If they don't allow do anything with the system you would need to default the system to gain access. If the system has being engineer locked then you will need an alarm engineer to do same.

Advertisement