Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sunday emergency

• 06-07-2014 10:04am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭

I've a little dog who I think has a blockage in her bowels. She is straining to poo and when she does go it's just black liquid. This has been like this for 2-3 days and she's not eating.
    This morning some blood came out so I'm really concerned she needs to be seen ASAP.
    Where can I go and how much should it cost? thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,611 ✭✭✭cgarrad

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭fits

Where are you based OP?

your local vet might have someone on call for emergencies.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,801 ✭✭✭iamtony

Anicare.ie is open in glasnevin I'm booked in for 11:20 thanks for the quick replys. It's open Sunday from 10-12 for anyone who needs to know.
    I think the ucd place is through referral only, well that's what I took from there website.
    I'm in dublin 17 so not too far for me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,939 ✭✭✭wingnut

all vets must provide out of hours care 24/7. Many join together with all the other local vets and rotate cover. AFAIK if you ring a local very number they will give you the emergency number to contact.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,580 ✭✭✭✭fits

Good luck. Hope the dog will be ok.

• Advertisement

Ok thanks again guys I hope she's ok too!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,277 ✭✭✭aonb

Let us know how you get on

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,077 ✭✭✭Capercaille

Your dog sounds like it has parvo virus. It needs a vet ASAP. Will need to be put on drip. Will not be cheap.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,045 ✭✭✭✭tk123

iamtony wrote: »
    Anicare.ie is open in glasnevin I'm booked in for 11:20 thanks for the quick replys. It's open Sunday from 10-12 for anyone who needs to know.
    I think the ucd place is through referral only, well that's what I took from there website.
    I'm in dublin 17 so not too far for me.

That's our local vets - the dog will be in good hands :)

They said it didn't look like parvo. They sent us home said it was boarder line if she needed to be kept in.
    She doesn't appear to have any blockages. And it looks like a gastric problem.
    I've to keep her quite and not feed her till tomorrow. He said she should be ok!

• Advertisement
Advertisement