Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maille Hollandaise Sauce

Options
  • 06-07-2014 10:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭

We used to be able to get the delicious Maille Hollandaise Sauce in Tesco but they seem to have stopped stocking it.

Does anyone know anyone else who sells it, preferably in the Cork area?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Moved to Cork City as it is far more likely that the locals can help you better than the foodies with sourcing this product in Cork.

tHB

• Registered Users Posts: 2,029 ✭✭✭Sabre Man

It seems nobody knows about this product in Cork. Can a mod please move this back to Food & Drink?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

I've seen it in Dunnes. Try there. Or else the good old English Market!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭sok2005

I bought it in Tescos Wilton 2 weeks ago.

Thanks, I'll take a look.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

Dare I suggest making it? It's just stirring a bit of butter into an egg yoke. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Stepping Stone

O'Driscoll's in Ballinlough is almost guaranteed to have it. I normally buy it there anyway.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,411 ✭✭✭ABajaninCork

pwurple wrote: »
    Dare I suggest making it? It's just stirring a bit of butter into an egg yoke. :)

And hoping to God the mixture doesn't curdle or split! There's an art to making a good Hollandaise...

• Registered Users Posts: 4,065 ✭✭✭Miaireland

I bought it in Tesco in Wilton recently for someone.

Marks and Spencer do a fresh variety of Hollandaise- normally can be found in the fish section, they may also do it in jars.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

And hoping to God the mixture doesn't curdle or split! There's an art to making a good Hollandaise...

Low heat, that's about it.

Downside is it can't be reheated. Use it or lose it.

• Advertisement

Thanks a lot for all suggestions. We've tried making it but it's hard to beat Maille.

Got it in Dunnes in Mallow!

Advertisement