Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Annoyed my kids aren't invited to my nephew's wedding.

13»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,313 ✭✭✭✭Sam Kade

Thread closed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

I didnt go to the other forum yet. Im too busy here. I speak the truth. Others thought not inviting kids to save money, get drunk freely or whatever lame reason they came up with, was, mean minded, cheap, spiteful and shortsighted. I should know. I didnt sleep at all. I read alot, it was comforting to know others got it. They weren't all parents themselves either. Good job I have nothing on today.

I doubt this is the first time you've lost a sense of perspective on an issue. The people who know you are most likely aware of this and would tell you anything you want to hear for an easy life

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Wellyd

No I dont agree, the wedding is important because it is my sisters boy getting married & my children expected to be going. As did my 2 sisters, havnt told grandad yet. Cant wait for his input.

Very mature running off to daddy to get your way. What a great role model you are to those precious kids of yours.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

My management of this so far is a rsvp and a text. Thats it. My kids and I arent discussing except the original. What do mean we are not going. What about my dress, why, what did we do wrong, that sort of stuff that little ones ask. Im not sharing my thoughts with them. My son said it perfectly "Ah #### 'em, dont worry about it".

The fact that gem came from your 13yr. Old son explains it all. Your children shouldnt even be having these conversations with you- who is the adult here?

• Registered Users Posts: 34 Christian 121071

Clearly you havnt grown up enough to see that seating plans and budgets aren't worth it.

Also, the comment about the precious snowflake - how dare you?? IT IS HER WEDDING DAY. She is the most important person that day. Something you obviously cannot grasp.

Furthermore - 'I'm upset my CHILDREN wernt Invited to their 33yr old cousins wedding.'

Please tell me you hear how petty, bitter and childish that sounds.

No, I dont think I am. This is just another crappy thing that happen. It is teaching my kids to face disappointment. Only she (and you) think she is the only person who matters on the day. People like you really do exist. I thought it was only in funny movies where that was the thinking behind a wedding. Good luck with that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭pooch90

My management of this so far is a rsvp and a text. Thats it.

Your management of this should have been to tick the box on the RSVP and keep your bile to yourself.

Did you actually buy your child a dress for a wedding you had no way of knowing they were invited to??
    You are the one who have your children upset with your ridiculously inflated sense of self importance and entitlement.

A wedding is no place for kids.

Also, I bet grandad will be upset by your ranting and raving and spoiling the day for anyone going because you're so bitter. NOT by the fact your children aren't there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,412 ✭✭✭toadfly

Why did you go out and pick outfits for your kids to a wedding they hadn't been invited to? Do you not think that was a mistake on your part as a parent?

I had a the same issue with a cousin for my wedding, she expected her three kids to be invited. Unfortunately I backed down and invited them against my better judgement. I hate that they were there so I'm glad your nephew stuck to his guns, fair play to them.

OP this is your mistake and not the couple getting married. You shouldn't have built up your kids expectations so it's completely on you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

You have made a complete and utter show of yourself OP, I'm embarrassed for you.

Wellyd wrote: »
    Very mature running off to daddy to get your way. What a great role model you are to those precious kids of yours.

Well Grandad is my neohews grandfater too. Greatgrandfather to his kids. Despite what some loveky b2b think, its a bbig day for him. He went to the trouble of living this long, he might as well throw his spoke in.

eviltwin wrote: »
    You have made a complete and utter show of yourself OP, I'm embarrassed for you.

And your mother for havin ya!

• Advertisement

No, I dont think I am. This is just another crappy thing that happen. It is teaching my kids to face disappointment. Only she (and you) think she is the only person who matters on the day. People like you really do exist. I thought it was only in funny movies where that was the thinking behind a wedding. Good luck with that.

People like you exist?!

Christ alive

Afroshack wrote: »
    Mods, this is going around in circles. Can we close the thread?

Off you go then, you are wasting space for the people who want to debate this.

Well Grandad is my neohews grandfater too. Greatgrandfather to his kids.

It's great that even with all your delusions your still able to understand the basics of a family tree! The branch your on will probably get sawn off after your recent doings though. You're creating family trouble for no reason other than spite.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

In all my time on boards.ie, I don't think I have ever come across someone with the selfishness as the OP. And have never seen anyone just disregard the viewpoint of an entire thread! It is the bride's day. Not yours. Not your kids.

Wellyd wrote: »
    And your mother for havin ya!

Nice

Are you a troll?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,981 ✭✭✭ElleEm

Off you go then, you are wasting space for the people who want to debate this.

You do realise noone is debating though?EVERYONE (ten pages) disagrees with you.

Christian, I feel your pain. You must understand it's THEIR day and they and only they have the right to invite whoever they want. You can't change anything and will only upset yourself further by dwelling on it. Let it go and get on with life. Using the money you will save on the day on a nice day out with your kids.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,169 ✭✭✭The Peanut

Just read through this. Some of the later posts by the OP don't ring true.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,945 ✭✭✭Grandpa Hassan

The Peanut wrote: »
    Just read through this. Some of the later posts by the OP don't ring true.

I agree. I'm starting to think this is a wind up

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,379 ✭✭✭CarrickMcJoe

Well I fully intend on cutting her out now. I would consider that the children are close. I love my sister and her boys so much. After bro and sisters there is only cousins. Did u nit grow up hanging out with your cousins. Im glad you think the second text to btb was dispicable. After a lifetime of smiling and taking nonsense from others, I can reassure you I have never been called despicable b4. Why do I feel so good about it. I must be truely evil!

So OP, because you don't get your way, you have decided to have nothing to do with the bride again and probably allow it to fester and carry into the next generation.
    And you call yourself CHRISTIAN!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,229 ✭✭✭LeinsterDub

Nice

Are you a troll?

So you are capable of taking on board what others say to you!

• Registered Users Posts: 7,537 ✭✭✭KKkitty

Well Grandad is my neohews grandfater too. Greatgrandfather to his kids. Despite what some loveky b2b think, its a bbig day for him. He went to the trouble of living this long, he might as well throw his spoke in.

For gods sake it's your nephew's big day not yours so stop making it about you and your kids. Your dad has no say in this either so don't be so childish by running to him.

Lambofdave wrote: »
    You really are intent on ruining your nephews day aren't you, if his future wife is as bad as you make out it really must take one to know one. You are going to make your nephews life miserable and he may never forgive you for that.

I have no intention on ruining my nephews life. His mrs isnt so bad. We got along just fine. I couldnt understand how she could party the way she could with 3 kids at home but other than the drinking we kinda had alot in common. She is a decade younger than me so who knows.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,403 ✭✭✭pooch90

So OP, because you don't get your way, you have decided to have nothing to do with the bride again and probably allow it to fester and carry into the next generation.
    And you call yourself CHRISTIAN!

Her name on weddingsonline is FamilyForever!! :D:D:D:D:D:D

I have no intention on ruining my nephews life. His mrs isnt so bad. We got along just fine. I couldnt understand how she could party the way she could with 3 kids at home but other than the drinking we kinda had alot in common. She is a decade younger than me so who knows.

Oh my god OP you've actually reached a new low.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Doris300

Ha you're just nasty

I'm beyond relieved for your nephew and Fiancee you aren't going to the wedding.

For someone who almost died - you have no idea how to live and let live.

KKkitty wrote: »
    For gods sake it's your nephew's big day not yours so stop making it about you and your kids. Your dad has no say in this either so don't be so childish by running to him.

I think Grandad might notice we are not there, so I better tell him b4 hand. Why would my kids not being invited, not be, about me and my kids? Oh yes my Dad will have something to say about it. I never said he has control over it but he will def have something to say. He lives with us. We take care of him. Id sat those kiddies trust fund has just dried up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,681 ✭✭✭✭P_1

I have to say that it's attitudes like the OP's that tend to make me despise events like weddings. It's THEIR day not YOUR day. You just can't bully and guilt trip people into inviting people who they don't want to invite. Do your nephew a favour and keep the hell out of his life.

• Administrators, Business & Finance Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 16,929 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Toots

Ow. My brain.

Thread Closed.

Also, a note for all the posters saying 'mods please close the thread' over and over again, if you want a mod to see something in a hurry, use the report post button. Posting 'please close the thread' in the middle of a hectic debate is about as useful as tits on a bowling ball.

Edit: to those who DID use the report button, thank you!

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement