Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby funeral

Options
  • 06-07-2014 11:34am
    Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭

I do not want to upset people - but I have nowhere else to ask...
    My wife is 23 weeks pregnant with twins and curently in labour. As you know yourselves, labour at this stage of pregnancy is not going to go well... I was told by doctors that we will be lucky if our babies will live for 3 hours. Needless to say we are absolutely heartbroken. Devastate

I would like to forget today's events asap and move on with life...
    Do people have funerals for very premature babies? We simply can't afford one at the moment

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,816 ✭✭✭Suucee

Oh my. I dont even know what to say. I just had to reply. Thinking of you both.
    X x

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

This is awful, so sorry to hear about this terrible situation. Hope ye can pull together at this hard time. If ye would like to have a funeral, it could give you and your wife a lot of closure, even if it was just the two of ye attending it. I ye can't afford it I do know that the health board do some sort of funeral grant, or at least they used to. Please look into it and see what they can do for ye. Best of look, much love xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 28 Dildo S. Trap

This is awful, so sorry to hear about this terrible situation. Hope ye can pull together at this hard time. If ye would like to have a funeral, it could give you and your wife a lot of closure, even if it was just the two of ye attending it. I ye can't afford it I do know that the health board do some sort of funeral grant, or at least they used to. Please look into it and see what they can do for ye. Best of look, much love xxx

• Registered Users Posts: 18,996 ✭✭✭✭gozunda

This is an information leaflet from the Rotunda that may be if some use unfortunately the social welfare grant is no longer available

http://www.rotunda.ie/Portals/0/Documents/Maternity%20S/BereavInf.pdf

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

So sorry. Please use any and all counselling you and your wife can get. try to support eachother. Public health nurse, priest, community services are all available.

Can family help?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33,629 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

You are in my thoughts today, may you both find the strength to cope with this.
    Take care.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,648 ✭✭✭✭beauf

Theres a lot of info here and people to contact.

http://www.isands.ie/have-you-been-told-your-baby-has-died-or-will-die
    http://www.isands.ie/a-little-lifetime-book-for-parents-aamp-families-mainmenu-32

I would suggest its important to talk to someone in the hospital about counselling.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

I am so very sorry. My thoughts are with you and your wife.

I know that the immediate instinctive reaction might be to put this into the past as soon as you can, but I honestly think it would be healthier for both of you to take the time to acknowledge and grieve this loss.

Please liaise with the hospital in the coming days, weeks, months. They have resources there that might help a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 51,935 ✭✭✭✭tayto lover

I hope you and your wife get the strength to deal with this. I will be thinking of you both.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,695 ✭✭✭December2012

If you do have to have a funeral I think the hospital have a bereavement team who can help you.

If you need to do it privately it's likely that undertakers will be sympathetic with timing.

You're in my thoughts.

Also to add I know of two separate children born in the early 20s weeks. One is a teenager and the other is 11.

I hope you all make it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 451 ✭✭Mandzhalas

If you do have to have a funeral I think the hospital have a bereavement team who can help you.

If you need to do it privately it's likely that undertakers will be sympathetic with timing.

You're in my thoughts.

Also to add I know of two separate children born in the early 20s weeks. One is a teenager and the other is 11.

I hope you all make it.

No,they didn't made it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,510 ✭✭✭nikpmup

I'm so very sorry Mandzhalas x

• Registered Users Posts: 17,495 ✭✭✭✭eviltwin

oh man, my deepest condolences to you and your wife, you'll be in my thoughts tonight xx

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,284 ✭✭✭Chattastrophe!

So very sorry to hear that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23,862 ✭✭✭✭January

I'm really sorry to hear that OP, as someone else posted, the bereavement team in the hospital and ISANDS will be a great source of support for you at this time.

As this post is very sensitive and you've updated us with your devastating news I'm going to close the thread.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement