Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Monaghan record in Croke Park

• 06-07-2014 12:47pm
    Registered Users Posts: 945 ✭✭✭

Could anybody please tell me the last time Monaghan won a championship game in Croke Park?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

1930 I'd imagine, when they last got to an All Ireland

They drew with Kerry in the 85 SF.

And they won the Century Cup in 84

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,134 ✭✭✭Tom Joad

They beat Kildare in Croke Park in the All-Ireland semi-final in 1930 before losing the final to Kerry. That's Monaghan only appearance in an All-Ireland senior final. So unless they won in Croker since the back door came in (and I can't recall it) I'd say that's your answer.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭IamtheWalrus

Is the Monaghan game on TV or internet?

• Registered Users Posts: 556 ✭✭✭jethro081

Tom Joad wrote: »
    They beat Kildare in Croke Park in the All-Ireland semi-final in 1930 before losing the final to Kerry. That's Monaghan only appearance in an All-Ireland senior final. So unless they won in Croker since the back door came in (and I can't recall it) I'd say that's your answer.

no, that's it. Since the qualifiers came in, they have lost to tyrone twice, kerry twice, and kildare once.

We've won three league finals there though, so they can win in croke park. some shocking luck in those championship defeats as well, but a championship win in croker would be delicious.

i'd actually like three of them :p

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,337 ✭✭✭Redsoxfan

Is the Monaghan game on TV or internet?

Nope, I'm listening via Northern Sound....Monaghan have gotten on top and lead by four at half time.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 699 ✭✭✭PaddyCar

1930 I'd imagine, when they last got to an All Ireland

They drew with Kerry in the 85 SF.

And they won the Century Cup in 84

Meath beat Monaghan in centenary cup final. Think Mon might have won their semi-final in croke park that year

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,426 ✭✭✭✭Fr Tod Umptious

PaddyCar wrote: »
    Meath beat Monaghan in centenary cup final. Think Mon might have won their semi-final in croke park that year

I just have a memory of Monaghan and the Centenary Cup, apologies for not getting the winner right.

Advertisement