Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

passport question(urgent)

Options
  • 06-07-2014 1:09pm
    Registered Users Posts: 63 ✭✭

I am arriving next friday on a 2 year visa but my passport expires dec 15..will this lead to me having any problems getting in?? how long will my visa be issued for or should i get a new passport? if i get a new passport though it will be a differnt number to my old passport? this will surely lead to problems??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,587 ✭✭✭circular flexing

If you enter on a passport that expires before the 2 year period is up, then you will only get a visa until the date of expiration of your passport. I believe you can enter on a different passport to the one that you applied on, but I'm not 100% sure if that's true.

• Registered Users Posts: 771 ✭✭✭Long Gone

Unfortunately they will only issue the visa valid until the expiry of you passport - I have had this problem myself in the past.

In some other countries you can get a new passport and present it with the work permit in the old passport - Not in Canada. The visa they issue will expire when your passport expires.

Your best bet is to try to get a new passport before you travel. I doubt if they would make an issue of the different number of the new passport if you explain the situation.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,830 ✭✭✭Jonty

Just get a new passport. They don't check the passport number only your Letter of introduction number,

Advertisement