Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hillwalking Groups Dublin

Options
  • 06-07-2014 6:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi,
    I'm looking for recommendations for a hill walking group in Dublin - I'm in my early thirties & can comfortably walk 20km hill walks at the moment but have capacity to go further!
    I've seen a lot that meet on Sundays but Saturdays would suit me too, would like a mix of both if possible.
    Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,205 ✭✭✭✭hmmm

The Wayfarers have three hike grades and their hard/long hikers go like rockets ;) 20-27k on average, and they are a good active club (there's usually a group seen on the challenge hikes around the country). You won't be able to walk with the hard hike first time out without a good reference, but that's in everyone's interest.

Ramblers grade 1/2 would also be a possibility, but I'm not sure whether their membership is open at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 frightrabbit

hmmm wrote: »
    The Wayfarers have three hike grades and their hard/long hikers go like rockets ;) 20-27k on average, and they are a good active club (there's usually a group seen on the challenge hikes around the country). You won't be able to walk with the hard hike first time out without a good reference, but that's in everyone's interest.

Ramblers grade 1/2 would also be a possibility, but I'm not sure whether their membership is open at the moment.

Thank you, just heard back from Wayfarers and hopefully going to head out on an introductory hike on Sunday.

Looking at a CHA hike on Saturday also so have plenty to keep me busy!

Advertisement